Skip to main content

Poll

Where would you stop me and tell me you uninterested.

Total Members Voted: 16

Topic: Please vote! who likes a good steak?! (Read 2614 times) previous topic - next topic

Please vote! who likes a good steak?!

Reply #15
you recieve 10 - 4oz mesquite strip steaks, 4 - 10oz porter house steaks, 6 - 9 oz boneless ribeye steaks, 24 - 4 oz homestyle chop steaks, 8 - 6oz bacon wrapped filets, 4 - 11oz trip loin steaks, 4 - 10 oz T bone steaks, and/or 10 - 4oz peppercorn strip steaks.

Stop right there, I'm hearing Waa, Waa, Waa... good time for me to butt in and say "no thanks"
:birdsmily:   Objects In Mirror Appear to be Loosing  :birdsmily:

Reply #16
Quote from: JeremyB;160172

The internets are at my fingertips, I can buy anything I want!
Door-to-door sales are dead. Don't let that company tell you otherwise.

Sounds like a crooked company to me.  I wouldn't trust 'em.  Here, go drive around for eight hours and you'll get bitched at if you don't sell x amount of beef.  Someone needs to realize it's not 1950 anymore.  No one takes kindly to door-to-door sales.  You see how people go ape-poop over telemarketers.  You're trespassing when you step onto thier property, fancy window sticker or not, some folks won't wait for proof that you're allowed to come onto thier property and force your sales pitch on 'em, some folks will start shootin'.

Reply #17
The only people allowed to knock on my door are the people in the big yellow Schwan's truck. Mmmm mmm, loves me that chocolate ice cream. ;)

Sounds like the whole principle behind this job revolves around a high-pressure sales tactic, hoping that people will impulse buy without doing the math. This is 2007...while some people, I'm sure, aren't smart enough to figure out the numbers, I'm betting there will be a lot who can. Especially those who order from Omaha Steaks.

The deal breaker is the self-maintenance plan on the truck. Sorry, as bad as gas prices are (and how they're hitting the bottom line of companies), that's no excuse to push all the expenses onto the driver.

Run, don't walk, away.

Reply #18
Schwans.We get them every other Wednesday.I have to have the strawberry icecream,and my wife loves their seasoned vegetables.They've been around forever and have a great rep.A little meat truck just doesn't do the same thing for me.There's got to be a better way for you to make money.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #19
Quote from: EricCoolCats;160186
Especially those who order from Omaha Steaks.

Are you saying Omaha Steaks is good, or bad.

Hm, 4 lbs of ground beef on sale for $20. $5/lb doesn't sound like a very good deal to me, I can get 93/7 at the grocery store for less than that.

Garrett H.
'94 F250 XLT- 4x4, 5 speed, 7.3 IDI Turbo Diesel, 4" intake, 4" exhaust, 5" turnout stacks, manual hubs, etc.
'87 Thunderbird Turbo Coupe
Engine, wheels, tires, etc!
Exhaust sound clip
Another clip

Reply #20
Quote from: Red_LX;160189
Are you saying Omaha Steaks is good, or bad.

Hm, 4 lbs of ground beef on sale for $20. $5/lb doesn't sound like a very good deal to me, I can get 93/7 at the grocery store for less than that.

If that grocery store is Wal-Mart, you get what you pay for.  I'd advise people to stay away from their 'fresh' meats.

Reply #21
Actually, Brian...those kick-ass steaks you had at my hizzouse...guess where they came from. ;) I've had great luck with Wal*Mart meats, no issues at all.

Omaha Steaks are awesome. A little pricey, yes, but excellent quality. So compare those to this situation and then you've got a baseline for pricing. That's all I meant by that. There will always be better deals out there, especially if you're an experienced meat shopper. What this job is trying to do is prey upon those that aren't armed with knowledge of meat pricing.

Reply #22
I'd take everyone's advice and stay the hell away from that job. Door to door sales are dead, and I couldn't imagine buying $200 worth of beef on a whim. I really couldn't imagine having to maintain and fuel a "company" truck, either...
2015 Mustang GT Premium - 5.0, 6-speed, Guard Green - too much awesome for one car

1988 5.0 Thunderbird :birdsmily: SOLD SEPT 11 2010: TC front clip/hood ♣ Body & paint completed Oct 2007 ♣ 3.55 TC rear end and front brakes ♣ TC interior ♣ CHE rear control arms (adjustable lowers) ♣ 2001 Bullitt springs ♣ Energy suspension poly busings ♣ Kenne Brown subframe connectors ♣ CWE engine mounts ♣ Thundercat sequential turn signals ♣ Explorer overhead console (temp/compass display) ♣ 2.25" off-road dual exhaust ♣ T-5 transmission swap completed Jan 2009 ♣

Reply #23
Quote from: Chuck W;160169
Mean? Yes.  Old?  Nah. (younger than you :p)

I just hate ANYONE trying to sell me anything.  Especially at my front door.

You won that one Chuck, I'm a lot older than you are.

TED

Reply #24
I had some heroin addict lookin' dude knock on my door telling me he had leftover steaks and wanting to know if I was interested.

I said "NO"

He drove away in a truck who catch phrase written on it was "nobody beats our meat".

WHAAAAA!!!?????  :punchballs:

What a stupid marketing ploy...
11.96 @ 118 MPH old 306 KB; 428W coming soon.

Reply #25
Quote from: Cad-T-Bird 500;160199
You won that one Chuck, I'm a lot older than you are.

TED

Not THAT much older.

Just givin' you  anyway :hick:
Long live the 4-eyes!  - '83 Tbird Turbo - '85 Marquis LTS - '86 LTD Wagon

Reply #26
How old are you Chuck?I just turned 40.Thank God I still look younger.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #27
Quote from: vinnietbird;160209
How old are you Chuck?I just turned 40.Thank God I still look younger.

It says in my profile ;)
Long live the 4-eyes!  - '83 Tbird Turbo - '85 Marquis LTS - '86 LTD Wagon

Reply #28
let me say WOW to all the responses.  i really apreaciate all the great advice.  look on page one, i posted where i basically said f*ck the job.  i mean if they gave me a credit card for gas... no f*ck it door to door?  i mean yea 1950's you could buy nice shoes and all sorts of shiznit, but today when i'd go to open my mouth i'd prolly get a sawed off stuck in it before i could say anything.  here in ga its a lot more lax in the laws department, door to door is leagal b/c of religious groups.  as a matter of a fact, when i was thinking to my self about the prices, 299 six pack special, i was thinking about the jahova wittnesses and the thought popped in my head "hell this would be like selling a religion!"

here's the final verdict.  i'll pretty much shortly sum up my day of training.  i get to the shop and im expecting a nice refigerated truck JUST LIKE schwans (sp?) but NO.  they're regular pick up trucks with garage freezers mounted in the bed.  COME ON how is that even proffessional.  you see when i applied i actually cleaned up, got on my nascar tech uniform (i wanted to present my self as a professional) i figured i'd get a box of uniforms.  no.  you wear whatever is in your closet.  NOT PROFESSIONAL.  even the truck my trainer had was all dented up, not washed at all, the tailight was smashed way into the bed.  and they didnt even take the sport decal off the dakota 4cyl 5spd dodge that got 14-16mpg.  im sorry i said it was going to be short but im ranting right now, but im ganna let you guys know about this type of buisness... the buisness of SCAM.  so i get in the truck with my trainer and im expecting he has like a customer list or something.  you see i wasnt even told that it was a door to door thing, it was implied that you could do that but that wasnt the way things worked. the prior information i got was, "oh your trainer will explain it all to you".  all we did was first get gas, i figured i'd swing by my uncle and see how he thought of it, i was ganna ask what he thought after i had gotten off work.  so on the way there, after i had promised a time, justin my trainer sees a couple of his buddies and pulls a u and goes to thier house and shoots the shiznit for 15 20 minutes.  then after my uncle kinda let the guy pitch his sale, he declined but it seemed like a optimistic prospect.  (he did a  good job acting ;) ) so we set off and i realize this guy is literally driving down the street looking at houses for customers.  it was like a scavenger hunt!!!  he starts texting this girl (he has a week old baby with his fiance' and a kid from an ex wife) and he KILLS 45 minutes texting this girl... he pops the freakin glove box, pulls out a trojan and we pull in a FREAKIN MOTEL.  45 minutes later he comes out all glowing cuz he just farked a girl that WASNT HIS FIANCE.  ON THE JOB.  we ride around from 2:45 till 9:45 and the game was to find 2 or more cars in a drive way OR an open door (like the front door open with the screen door closed)  and i watch this guy knock on at least 45 doors.  NO LUCK.  the common excuses were,  "doctors have taken me off red meat"  "i just got groceries"  "we just paid the house note so we dont have any money for the next 2 weeks" "we just had our regular service drop our meat off already today." by 6 im litterally beside myself at how this job was!  i wont lie, i was trying to get in to it, like trying to make it seem like i had a good oportunity, but everytime i actually thought about it i knew this shiznit wasnt ganna fly.  we actually sold 2 cases 12 boxes, beef and chicken. (one beef one chicken) and the only reason why, b/c IT WAS HIS REALATIVES!  he didnt even know that they had lived there it was by chance but thats the only thing we sold!!!!!  i think i just summed it up, i mean this is a door to door bug people rudely in the middle of the farkin day etc.  it was so un professional, i was taught to be a professional auto mechanic at nascar tech.  and i was 100% disapointed at how shabby the whole opporation was!  it was so half-assed that i will tell you now, do not buy from the cattle exchange if your EVER aproached.  just so you know what to look for here is thier address. thecattleexchange.net/

for those of you who didnt sit through the whole rant.  its a farking scam.  very un professional, and yes like someone said a high pressure sales opporation.  now justin my trainer was a  good salesman, and he only sold 300 dollars worth of meat in one day, making 20 dollars profit.  i ask you this if i were to go and do this shiznit, what am i ganna do when im turned down day after day after day and i get no pay and im WASTING MYYYYYY money on gas.  i even found out that all of the guys that worked there had toruble with the law in some shape form or fasion.  i dont want to be around people like that. i'm a good citizen, i wont lie, i do some dirt every so often but im not a criminal, and the worst i've been with with cops and judicial system is a speeding ticket.  not only that, i was in the office listening to all the scams they've done and a guy that worked there walks in with a bud light. DUDE you still have to drive home.  farkin alcoholics. its such bull shiznit.  i told them that i would be back tomarrow at 12:30, im not even going to call them and tell them to **** off. not showing up will say it all for me, f*ck that shiznit.

you know what im doing now?  im going to walmart after class tomarrow to talk to the personnel manager, and see if i can get hired doing anything.  ANYTHING.  and if they're busy doing something, im going to wait, walmart is huge ok, i can "window shop" untill they have time to speak with me.  if that doesnt go through im ganna wait till next thursday and go to home depot b/c i was told that the hiring manager there wasnt going to be there till next thurs.  from there i'll prolly go to industrial parks and try and get a warehouse job.  ANYTHING except sell shiznit door to door.

think of it from the point of view of a woman who's husband is at work ( i told this to my dad today when we were talkin about how bad a scam it was ) and this big 200+ muscular guy (not me, im just shy of 6 foot, fit, and with a shave im a baby face.  im not no GQ, so i dont mean to seem like im tooting my own horn) but the 200+ muscular guy rings the door bell.  he steps back a good 10 feet and then in his casual conversation he approaches the woman slowly, i mean in a casual conversation it'd be easy to go from 10 feet to 2 feet really easy, specially if you get her to look at a brochure of the prices, b/c you gotta hold it and point it out.  that son of a  could rame her into her house slam the door, rape her and kill her.  women would most likely think of this (im hoping a the women here would feel the same way, if not hopefully realize that could happen) i just feel like these were a bunch of hustlin drug dealers that got in trouble with the law but are good at hustlin so they do it with meat now so the law will stay off thier asses.

DO NOT BUY FROM ANYONE LIKE THIS...  its a scam, if its truely good meat like they say (the could not guarantee the GRADE) why arent YOU going to THEM?! 

just for a heads up, they opperate out of panama city florida, sarasota florida, jacksonville florida, Lagrange georgia, spoogeming georgia, riverdale gerogia, and they're trying to open up a shop in alabama.

EDIT: if you take the time to read it, i know its long, but its advice from my experience with the inner workings of this buisness.

Reply #29
If you can put together this many words you can find a real job.  What are you training for at school?  If you even make a good $9-$10 dollars an hour you will be way ahead of this door to door job.

Good luck and keep honest, it pays off in the long run.

TED