Skip to main content
Topic: It's Official... (Read 3722 times) previous topic - next topic

It's Official...

I'm a Stang Owner again.

It ain't no V8 (yes it's an Auto), but I love it. I test drove an 04 GT , 5-Speed and that thing was a pig! My TC felt way stronger. Too bad it just would not stay running... this would of never happened. But I think I'll get over it though.

:D
2005 Subaru WRX STi|daily driver

It's Official...

Reply #1
Looks great. You're missing a pedal and two cylinders, but hey... you knew you would catch hell for that. :)
A friend of mine has an '07 V6 with the 5-speed. I was impressed with its power, actually.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

It's Official...

Reply #2
Nice lookin' ride.You should sleep in it for the first few nights to really bond with it.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

It's Official...

Reply #4
Ah....congrats! very nice my man....
:america: 1988 Thunderbird Sport, Former 4.6 DOHC T56 conversion project.

Rest of the country, Welcome to Massachusettes. Enjoy your stay.

Halfbreed... Mango Orange Y2K Mustang GT
FRPP complete 2000 Cobra engine swap, T56 n' junk...
~John~

It's Official...

Reply #5
Sweet:D

I wish Ford would put the Pony grill on GTs. It looks much better IMO.
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

It's Official...

Reply #6
man i love the v6!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
1974 maverick lsx powered turbo car SOLD
1973 maverick Tijuana Taxi Tribute
1957 chevy LSX Turbo project (race car)
Owner of Joe Dirt Fabrication

It's Official...

Reply #7
I was really impressed with the 4.0 V6 as well. Definitely not the same as the 3.8 it replaced. I wanted a 99-04 GT soooo bad, but after driving the 07, I was sold. I couldn't even wipe the smile off my face when I walked back into the dealership. Believe me, I tried very hard to convince the two ladies (my fiance and her friend the saleslady) that I belonged in a used V8. Obviously I failed. :)

It's Official...

Reply #8
It'll be nice to have a car that doesn't need work all the time.  It's great to be able to hit that key and know it will start.

It's Official...

Reply #10
It's great to be able to hit that key and know it will start.

Absolutely. Nice purchase. Last year I rented an 06' (V-6) for a trip to Gatlinburg with my girlfreind. I like it allot myself as well. If they had one that I could trailer a cougar in, I may have bought one. I liked my 04' Mach1, that you saw when I was at your place, but the newer body style has the room and feel more to the liking of our foxes, or more to my liking anyway. Good ride, more comfortable to drive and cruise in, good power and a great body style to boot. Enjoy man ;)

It's Official...

Reply #11
one of my best firends has an 07 V6 w/ 5 spd. he has done a little to it, like cold air intake,  true dual Pypes exhaust, and  Hurst short throw shifter. It runs pretty nice, definatly WAY WAY stronger than my 3.8 in my Mustang!! It is a really nice car! I like your color better though, his is white :D  Looks good man!!
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/665379

1983 TurboCoupe-T3 .60/.63, 3" exhaust, Motorsport front mount, PJ, large VAM, green tops, 8.8" w/ 3.55's, 13.72@97mph
1985.5 SVO
1984 Fullsize Bronco- 300, NP435

It's Official...

Reply #12
A few more pics my fiance took.

One thing I didn't count on was how much attention this V6 Pony would get. I haven't had it 24hrs and I can already tell when someone is going to say "Nice car". It's kinda cool yet unsettling at the same time.

It's Official...

Reply #13
well get used to it as its a sweet looking car. they are finally growing on me. doesnt take much to make them look awesome. a set of wheels and a hood and they look killer. brave getting black though. its such a pita to keep looking nice. course, you know that allready.

I was really impressed with the 4.0 V6 as well. Definitely not the same as the 3.8 it replaced. I wanted a 99-04 GT soooo bad, but after driving the 07, I was sold. I couldn't even wipe the smile off my face when I walked back into the dealership. Believe me, I tried very hard to convince the two ladies (my fiance and her friend the saleslady) that I belonged in a used V8. Obviously I failed. :)

i wish i knew you were looking otherwise possibly we could have worked something out if you were interested. were looking at houses right now and ive been thinking of unloading the car to help with a down payment and get me into a better house. im right on the edge in my area for a house i can see myself in for the next bunch of years. she wants to stay in this town but its a touch too pricey for me.
:america: 1988 Thunderbird Sport, Former 4.6 DOHC T56 conversion project.

Rest of the country, Welcome to Massachusettes. Enjoy your stay.

Halfbreed... Mango Orange Y2K Mustang GT
FRPP complete 2000 Cobra engine swap, T56 n' junk...
~John~

It's Official...

Reply #14
you know what.. it really dont matter if it isnt a GT or  if it's a stick it's you daily driver. they all look killer  i like the pony grill beter than the GT good luck with it sir.  if you end up needing power down the road you can allways go paxton.
trick flow street heat intake , 24lbs injetors, ported GT-40's (Chip) long tube headers. and a Performance Automatic C4, with a hurst shifter!