Skip to main content
Topic: Bill Elliot is a tool (Read 2093 times) previous topic - next topic

Bill Elliot is a tool

The asshole pulled out of the upcoming race here at Riverside a couple of weeks before he was due. The worst part is not that he had confirmed multiple times, that Riverside had already printed and sold a bucketload of tickets, or that the pace car was already decked out for the race with his name all over it (we're talking copywrite royalites out the ying yang). No, the real shame is that this was a charity event for none other than the IWK children's hospital in Halifax. That and his 'my shiznit don't stink' attitude and rude comments made to the Speedway.

On Friday, we received notice in writing that Bill Elliott has backed out of his commitment. He stated that, "There is no way I am going to Nova Scotia to race that weekend. Now stop bugging me." We have gone to great lengths to try and change his mind, showing him the promotion we have done and what his appearance has meant to the IWK. In all cases we were rudely told, "No, I am too busy." This response is after he accepted our offer back in February. Even though he has cancelled his commitment, the press release regarding his appearance can still be seen on http://www.billelliott.com (http://www.billelliott.com/news/viewheadline.php?id=4264). So much for Elliott's southern gentleman persona. He has proven to us that he is not a man of his word, and his cavalier attitude shows he is nothing more than a prima dona.

Full article Riverside's website.
http://www.riversidespeedway.ca/bill%20elliott%20cancels.html

Bill Elliot is a tool

Reply #1
I read about that, it flat out sucks that he isn't doing it. I find it kind of hard to believe that he himself would say that but I guess it could happen.

I met him twice and the second time was a bit of a disappointment. It was in 1999 at a McDoogles. He obviously didn't want to be bothered with the autograph session because he just signed away and didn't really look up to acknowledge anyone.

Anyway, I read that they were trying to get someone to replace him. Surely they won't be as popular as Elliott. I wouldn't be surprised if it turned out to be Ken Schrader since Elliott is driving his car right now.

Bill Elliot is a tool

Reply #2
elliot spent all those years as "nascar's most popular driver" in the 80's so there you go for the root of why he's such a dick.  he's a whiney little bitch to be honest.  his driving ability has gone down so bad that he needs to stay out of a car anyway.  im from ga... i was a DE fan, and HATED bill growing up from the age of 1 day old.  he always whined about how dale or darrel or ricky rudd etc would bump and bang him and everything.  he was a very clean driver, he'd race you hard, but clean... thats not how you win races (you just have to have a  good car to lap all the way into the top 5 while cheating) so when other people (like dale SR, cale, allisons, darrel, etc) put him in his place he cried about it like he was a victim... dude its racing get over it ya know?  he never got that concept.

you know what he's busy with?  getting his ass out of his head thats been stuck there for 3 decades.

Bill Elliot is a tool

Reply #3
Does this mean the Bill Elliot edition cars will go down in value?

Bill Elliot is a tool

Reply #4
My opinion of a few people here sure has changed...

Bill Elliot is a tool

Reply #5
When I saw "Riverside" it brought back memories of when I lived in Southern Calif. and lived about 4 miles from the track.

I always loved going to that track.

Used to drag race there too on the backside.... in the opposite direction.

Anyway, if it is true and not a prank, I'm sorry to hear the news.

Anyway, I still have Bob Glidden to admire !!!
Alan Mackin--Semi Professional Ford der
83 T-Bird 460
83 T-Bird Heritage 5.0
84 T-Bird 5.0
86 T-Bird Turbo Coupe NHRA Stocker & Super Stocker
87 T-Bird Turbo Coupe
88 Bronco II Drag truck 302
95 Mustang GT auto
2004 F-350 CC Dually V-10

Bill Elliot is a tool

Reply #6
Who's to judge the man.  He's more of an owner now then a racer anyway.  No matter what he's still a hero to me fastest mph.
84 TC 302 -5.0L/t5/7.5 locking rear and a 3.45 gear, Edelbrock Intake, Aluminum Heads, Edlebrock 65mm Throttlebody, Edlebrock Cam, 24lb injectors & MAS Air Sensor calibrated via chip,  BBK headers, Catback H pipe, Magnaflow lers :evilgrin:
:pics-stfu:

Project Thread with pics

Bill Elliot is a tool

Reply #7
Quote from: Prototype Services;160139
My opinion of a few people here sure has changed...

Que.... ?

83-88T-Bird Guy, it's definitely not a prank. And this Riverside is in James River, Nova Scotia. ;)

An interesting turn of events. Yesterday BE's website pulled the Halifax Herald article about his upcoming showing at Riverside, and by the end of the day he was apparently back to talking with John Nova (track owner) about showing up after all. No apologies, but they're talking again.

It may have had something to do with this. ;)
We encourage fans to email http://www.billelliott.com to express their disappointment. Even though his website states how he loves to get back to his roots and race at various local tracks to support fans that have supported him, he has proven that this is not true. I hope maritime race fans will show Bill Elliott what they really think of him now.
If only we could get this unified and active about our politics here in Nova Scotia.

Personally, I don't think it'll make much of a difference now. Most people who were excited to see him race most likely could care less that he's coming.

Bill Elliot is a tool

Reply #8
Quote from: JeremyB;160131
Does this mean the Bill Elliot edition cars will go down in value?

Get 'em now, the price is gonna go back up... :rollin:

I was a big BE fan till the early '90s when big business took over NASCAR, and most of the good ole boy fun went out of it... The bumpkins from the GA mountains kicking the asses of the best...

Guessing thats why Bill is(was?), canceling his appearance as he's driving the 21 car... Has to be some $$$ somewhere, if it's only trying to keep the sponsor happy...

Still sucks...

Bill Elliot is a tool

Reply #9
Bill Elliot to me will always be the Nascar King of speed.

I look back on the 80's and still believe that 1988 was the last year of the "Glory Days" of Nascar.

After that, it went all to  with Front wheel drive ola and the "Days of Blunder" disaster.
Alan Mackin--Semi Professional Ford der
83 T-Bird 460
83 T-Bird Heritage 5.0
84 T-Bird 5.0
86 T-Bird Turbo Coupe NHRA Stocker & Super Stocker
87 T-Bird Turbo Coupe
88 Bronco II Drag truck 302
95 Mustang GT auto
2004 F-350 CC Dually V-10

Bill Elliot is a tool

Reply #10
It looks as though we've got some replacements. Regan Smith has confirmed, and we may get another NASCAR driver as well. We should find out today.

http://www.regansmith.com/

Bill Elliot is a tool

Reply #11
Quote from: oldraven;160334
Regan Smith has confirmed,
Wow, he'll draw a big crowd. :rolleyes:

I hope you guys get someone else who is a little more known and has been around for a while.

Bill Elliot is a tool

Reply #12
Yeah, he's no Jr. (that should draw some tomatoes on a Ford board), but at this point anyone but Elliot is welcome.

Bill Elliot is a tool

Reply #13
Actually, I have a TON of respect for JR now that he told Teresa to stick it. That's been the only NASCAR story worth a bleep this year...

Bill Elliot is a tool

Reply #14
Bill's side of the story, from the website Jayski:

"I steadfastly deny that there was ever a final contract, spoken or written, in which I agreed to both attend and compete in the event at the Riverside International Speedway. Riverside International Speedway officials contacted my representatives in April 2007 to gauge my interest in competing in this event. Race officials sent a lengthy appearance schedule in conjunction with the event. Although my family and I strongly considered attending the event, on May 15th we communicated to race officials that we were leaning against attending, due in large part to the excessive amount of travel time the commitment would involve. Speedway and event officials were notified in writing on June 5th, 2007 that I had declined their offer to partite in the event. My family and I are disappointed that speedway and event officials continue to portray us in a negative light as a result of this matter.(Motorsports Management International)(7-12-2007)"