Skip to main content
Topic: Explorer intake...what size hole to drill? (Read 731 times) previous topic - next topic

Explorer intake...what size hole to drill?

Well, the H/G's popped on my Cougar and I'm throwing my GT-40 iron heads on and an explorer intake....

I need to know what size hole to drill and tap for the intake air temp sensor and the coolant sensor on towards the back on the driver side...I'm doing the heads/intake on Thursday and need to know ASAP!

Thanks in advance,
Don
Project 3G: Grandpa Grocery Getter-'85 Crown Vic LTD 2-door, 351W with heavily ported/polished GT40 heads, heavily ported/polished Typhoon Power Plus upper & lower intake, Comp Cams 265DEH retarded 1*, FAST EZ-EFI, HD T5, 8.8" 3.73 trac lock with extra clutches, 3G alt. swap, '99 CVPI front brakes, '09 CVPI rear disc brakes, '00 CVPI booster&m/c + wilwood adj prop valve.

Parted & Gone-'88 T-bird Sport, 351W swap, ported GT40 heads

Reply #1
What I did is bring both the act and the lower to the machine shop and they sized and taped it think it cost $10 or $15 dollars.
Also remember those GT40 heads off explorer are like 64cc so you also might want to mill and cc them

Reply #2
Well, I got it taken care of...I went out and got what I needed.  The car is a hell of a lot more responsive now...however I need to shim the roller rockers a bit.
Project 3G: Grandpa Grocery Getter-'85 Crown Vic LTD 2-door, 351W with heavily ported/polished GT40 heads, heavily ported/polished Typhoon Power Plus upper & lower intake, Comp Cams 265DEH retarded 1*, FAST EZ-EFI, HD T5, 8.8" 3.73 trac lock with extra clutches, 3G alt. swap, '99 CVPI front brakes, '09 CVPI rear disc brakes, '00 CVPI booster&m/c + wilwood adj prop valve.

Parted & Gone-'88 T-bird Sport, 351W swap, ported GT40 heads