Skip to main content
Topic: D1 drifting? (Read 552 times) previous topic - next topic

D1 drifting?

has anybody seen them in action in person? im going saturday to go watch them!! im pumped! i want to see the Falken mustang!!
1988 LX coupe. a dressed up motor with full exhaust and BBK shorties with flowmasters, BBK CAI, accufab 65mm tb, HO upper intake, cobra valve covers.

D1 drifting?

Reply #1
i havnt seen D1 (other than tv), b/c thats the big horrah at irwendale raceway where the americans take on the best puppiesan has to throw at us.  but i went to the firs drift atlanta.  it was amature although the viper and gto and a couple puppiesanese guys with 240's and rx7's showed up.  i wont ever forget it b/c the viper passed i think 2 or 3 people mid drift, which is the ultimate of domination.  got to walk pit road and the padducks where the cars were parked, talk to drivers etc.  some of those cars are just plain NO FRILLS and the drivers are laaaaid back.  they had a couple 302 powered cobras try to qualify but the balance on those particular cars were so out of wack they didnt make the first corner.  then you had the guys that just didnt have enough power in thier cars + wrong suspension.  it was well worth the sun burn.

D1 drifting?

Reply #2
thats tight! i just hope the American champ is there!!
it sounds pretty tight, now im even more excited to go watch them! im going my camera and video camera. its a 2 hour drive for me but its going to be worth it!
1988 LX coupe. a dressed up motor with full exhaust and BBK shorties with flowmasters, BBK CAI, accufab 65mm tb, HO upper intake, cobra valve covers.

D1 drifting?

Reply #3
if your goin to the irwindale show, since in the past 5 years its grown 500% you might not be able to get into the pits, or, if you've ever been to a motocross where pit passes are free but you never see riders or get to actually get within 10 feet of the bikes that might be what its like.  that for the puppiesanese drivers and the teams like falken.  although those guys are true grass roots guys, meaning they're reallly down to earth and arent "holier than thou" to thier fans.  take a camera, PLEASE post the pics!!!!  usually they have a practice day , the day before, so you might wanna take that trip twice (at least thats what it was like for drift atlanta) b/c you'll see the amatures if they have any.. b/c only 16 get into the big show and im sure theres more than that.  so i think it'd be neat to go see them practice, then go the next day for qualifying and then the big show.