Skip to main content
Topic: Paint safe degreaser? (Read 1748 times) previous topic - next topic

Paint safe degreaser?

I'm finally going to get the oil leak in my car fixed and I need to clean the whole driver side of the car since it has a light coating of oil on the paint.  It's not super noticeable on a black car, but it does take down the shine a lot.  I was just wondering if there is a good way to take the grime off without using an abrasive degreaser.
1987 Thunderbird 3.8. Sold :(

1982 Thunderbird - Goodbye 255, Hello 302!

Re: Paint safe degreaser?

Reply #1
simple green. wash simple green wash. wax.
-- 05 Mustang GT-Whipplecharged !!
--87 5.0 Trick Flow Heads & Intake - Custom Cam - Many other goodies...3100Lbs...Low12's!

Reply #2
I use Dawn sish soap.Simple Green is a great product,though.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #3
I use EZ or 2EZ big rig degreaser. It's a white bottle with bluish purple writing. The only place I have found it is at a TA travel center truck stop. It works really well and hasn't dulled or removed any paint. I've even used it to get the yellow out of my headlights. Just spray it on, let it sit and wipe. Continue to do this until the area is clean.