Skip to main content
Topic: Sad "urban legend" (Read 1812 times) previous topic - next topic

Sad "urban legend"

Its a story being passed around my girlfriends neighborhood that I just proved entirely wrong

She told me that theres a car in the woods that sombody got shot in and torched. This had my attention, and I asked how long ago was it. She told me that she heard 30-40 years ago it was set.

So... we went to look at it and 1 it didnt look torched, 2 it wasnt 30 years old, and 3 it pissed me off.

Those with weak stomachs dont look any further.

It was an 87-88 v6 thunderbird.

It pissed me off because it wasnt rusty in our normal areas... it was actually solid in the rockers.

So much for urban legend huh?

Sad "urban legend"

Reply #1
Does anyone have some tissues?

'88 Mercury Cougar LS, 302, Project Car - "The Coug"
'83 Ford Thunderbird Heritage, 302, Summer Ride, - "The Bambi Killer"
'86 Chevrolet S10, Daily Driver -  "The Black Beater"

Sad "urban legend"

Reply #2
At least it was only a V6 model...

...and it looks like it's been torched to me. I can pretty much guarantee nobody was shot in it, though - if they had been the police would have taken it.
2015 Mustang GT Premium - 5.0, 6-speed, Guard Green - too much awesome for one car

1988 5.0 Thunderbird :birdsmily: SOLD SEPT 11 2010: TC front clip/hood ♣ Body & paint completed Oct 2007 ♣ 3.55 TC rear end and front brakes ♣ TC interior ♣ CHE rear control arms (adjustable lowers) ♣ 2001 Bullitt springs ♣ Energy suspension poly busings ♣ Kenne Brown subframe connectors ♣ CWE engine mounts ♣ Thundercat sequential turn signals ♣ Explorer overhead console (temp/compass display) ♣ 2.25" off-road dual exhaust ♣ T-5 transmission swap completed Jan 2009 ♣

Sad "urban legend"

Reply #3
how the hell did it end up like that?  def not torched, but some guy with a big foot wanna be looks to have drove over it.

Sad "urban legend"

Reply #4
It was stripped there it looks like... some kids prolly started a fire in it and it does have a couple bullet holes in it. nothin major.. Just a  of a deal that it was a thunderbird.

i was hoping hudson or some deal like that.... but no.

Autocat. Kids and big rocks... and maybe some sledge hammers.

Sad "urban legend"

Reply #5
Little s! Have they no respect for the Foxes?!?

'88 Mercury Cougar LS, 302, Project Car - "The Coug"
'83 Ford Thunderbird Heritage, 302, Summer Ride, - "The Bambi Killer"
'86 Chevrolet S10, Daily Driver -  "The Black Beater"

Sad "urban legend"

Reply #6
You should eBay that brake drum.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Sad "urban legend"

Reply #7
it'll buff out.....
RIP 1988 and 1990 Lincoln Mark VII LSC
I welcomed the dark side and currently am driving a 2000 Dodge Durango SLT plus, with a 5.9, Code named project "Night Runner"
Shes black on black, fully loaded, with headers, 180 tstat, e fan, straight exhaust into a cherry bomb vortex ler, full tune up, ported intake and T/B, MSD coil, and round aircleaner.
Mods to come: Fully rebuilt and heavily modded 46RE, and a richmond rachet locker.
my $300 beater ;)
R.I.P Kayleigh Raposa 12/18/90 - 2/24/07

Sad "urban legend"

Reply #8
RIP V6 bird RIP....
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
1974 maverick lsx powered turbo car SOLD
1973 maverick Tijuana Taxi Tribute
1957 chevy LSX Turbo project (race car)
Owner of Joe Dirt Fabrication

Sad "urban legend"

Reply #9
About the condition mine is in.
1987 TC

Sad "urban legend"

Reply #10
Grab the Vin number for Mike's regestry thread bro. thats one more fox found

Sad "urban legend"

Reply #11
vin is gone

Sad "urban legend"

Reply #12
The window tag too? . Then again if I had a car in the woods with the rumor of a shooting I would take the vin number too so it's harder to trace

Sad "urban legend"

Reply #13
:eek: That is so sad. V6 or not!
1987 Cougar XR7 5.0 SOLD
1992 Ranger 4.0
2018 Hyundai Elantra
2019 Ram Rebel

Sad "urban legend"

Reply #14
After re-looking at the pics... are those allumnium heads on a V6? I don't know anything about 2.8's but didn't they have iron heads like the 5.0?