Skip to main content
Topic: Happy 4th (patriotic tbird progress) (Read 1209 times) previous topic - next topic

Happy 4th (patriotic tbird progress)

hooray for days off!
thats right, after a year of being empty hearted, my TC once again has an engine! and tranny, and a d/s even :shakeass:

check out my red/white/blue engine bay and have a happy 4th of July! im gonna go drink beer and fire up the grille :hick:

gumby - beauty may fade, but stupid is forever!

Reply #1
Great work.Days off really come in handy don't they?
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #2
Yeah I put in a little Patriotic Tbird time in today too. Only mine still is empty hearted. Looks good!! wish mine were in too.

Keep up the good work !
1985 Thunderbird TC
2.3l .03 over,Ported and polished Head and E6 Manifold, LA3, T3/T4 Hybrid Turbo, Stinger FMIC, Forge BOV, Full 3" Exhaust, Essy Timing Gears & UDP's, BBK 255lph Fuel Pump, Kirban AFPR, Kirban Short Shifter, K&N Cone, Forced4 VC Vent Kit, PA Performance 3g Alternator, Energy Suspension Bushings throughout, CHE LCA's, SFC's [/LEFT]

Reply #3
Must be the thing to do I just finished working on one of my 65's. Yesterday was the 87's turn

Reply #4
Happy 4th. I'm almost finished my 12 hour shift... hospital organizatons never shut down, lol.
No car work today for me.

Reply #5
Happy 4th. I a few minutes I'll be off the start grilling NY strip steaks :D  and have a beer :cheers: .

Since I'm an employee of the City of Chicago I had the day off with pay. So what did I do T-bird related? I dusted it off because I drove it yesterday and it was *dirty* (ok it had a light layer of dust on it). Now you all know I'm nuts :crazy:
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

Reply #6
I'm polishing a 1959 Buick Electra 4-door pillarless hardtop...

...my arms hurt :hick:

Reply #7
cool progress....
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
1974 maverick lsx powered turbo car SOLD
1973 maverick Tijuana Taxi Tribute
1957 chevy LSX Turbo project (race car)
Owner of Joe Dirt Fabrication

Reply #8
welded in my Jeep GC's  inner fender/headlight panel, and put it all back together short of bumper and grill.  Moved the Saturn into the garage and looked at my Tbird, but alas the wheels won't swap.  Days off are good.  Happy 4th.
1987 TC

Reply #9
I worked all day. It is amazing how many people work on there cars on a holiday. OH well at double time and a half work is very easy.
84 Turbo coupe 2.3T Modded with 88 upper and lower intake, 88 injectors, E6 manifold, T3-4 AR.60 turbo, 31X12X3 FMIC, Homemade MBC , Greddy knock off BPV.
4 eyes see better than 2! 
Da Bird!

FreeBird

Reply #10
Happy 1st!
:hick:
The wife and I took Coira and her cousing Dalton to a local outing. It was an event with lots of games and inflatable rides (if you can call them rides) for the kids, consesions, and a permanent stage setup in an old hay field. Free. We heard a few acts, (one was one of our clients and his four kids doing some popular radio stuff), and watched some highland dancers before the rain started to pour.

We later went into town to see the fireworks display on the University grounds. We had the second largest display in Nova Scotia, after Halifax, and it showed. We were all very impressed.

Reply #12
Gonna miss my 2.3t. :(

Who makes that STB?
2005 Subaru WRX STi|daily driver

Reply #13
it is a KB part for i believe 86-93 mustangs. it wont clear the top mount, but im not gonna be runnin one so that dont matter to me.

they did have one for carb'd mustangs that WOULD clear a top mount.....i installed one on a SVO
gumby - beauty may fade, but stupid is forever!