Skip to main content
Topic: moon roof motor (Read 387 times) previous topic - next topic

moon roof motor

my moon roof motor is shot. any help is greatly appreciated!
1988 LX coupe. a dressed up motor with full exhaust and BBK shorties with flowmasters, BBK CAI, accufab 65mm tb, HO upper intake, cobra valve covers.

moon roof motor

Reply #1
It might be a stupid question but are you sure it's the motor and not the switch itself.
My moonroof didn't work much at all when I got the car and a $5 junkyard switch had me back up and running in no time.
At first it would open partially but not all the way and I was able to get it closed. But the last time it worked it opened all the way but wouldn't close at all. To get it to do anything sometimes I had to hit the roof of the car :hick:

I don't know if there is a way to test it but I'm sure there's someone here who does.

moon roof motor

Reply #2
I can get you one next weekend.If you don't get one by then,let me know.By the way,Just got your money order,straps are going out after work tomorrow.They're in great shape.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

moon roof motor

Reply #3
+1 on the switch. I clean the connections on mine every year after re-soldering the board.

moon roof motor

Reply #4
Either way,let me know.I have access to the switch and the motor on a TC at the boneyard.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

moon roof motor

Reply #5
what could be wrong with the switch?
1988 LX coupe. a dressed up motor with full exhaust and BBK shorties with flowmasters, BBK CAI, accufab 65mm tb, HO upper intake, cobra valve covers.

moon roof motor

Reply #6
yeah, im going to need that motor. how do you know that one in the bone yard is in working condition?

moon roof motor

Reply #7
I was there when they pulled the car in before they pulled the battery.They started the car and went through it to see what worked and what didn't.Everything worked good accept the a/c and the crushed rear fenders.LOL.