Skip to main content
Topic: Smoke from exhaust after injectors/fpr swap..... (Read 4034 times) previous topic - next topic

Smoke from exhaust after injectors/fpr swap.....

Reply #15
By the way,Demon,is your car Mass Air?
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #16
yes.  I may be experimenting soon though.
-- 05 Mustang GT-Whipplecharged !!
--87 5.0 Trick Flow Heads & Intake - Custom Cam - Many other goodies...3100Lbs...Low12's!

Reply #17
Just wondering.I will be converting eventually myself when the bigger upgrades start.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #18
Hey V8 what does that mean?
Old Grey Cat to this.88 Cat, 5.0 HO, CW mounts, mass air, CI custom cam, afr165's, Tmoss worked cobra intake, BBK shorty's,off road h pipe, magnaflow ex. T-5,spec stage 2 clutch, 8.8 373 TC trac loc, che ajustables with bullits on the rear. 11" brakes up front. +

Reply #19
X2

Reply #20
I'm curious to see how SD runs with a TFS stage 1 cam.  I want to see it first hand.
--87 5.0 Trick Flow Heads & Intake - Custom Cam - Many other goodies...3100Lbs...Low12's!

Reply #21
Let me know.I need a new cam.I'm unsure what to get with Speed density.I was going to contact Comp cams and see what they say.Do you have any ideas?

Reply #22
Take your pic!:D

Reply #23
FMS M-6250-B302 is a SD friendly cam. another version of the "B" cam, but shorter duration.
1979 Ford Fairmont
[/B]
5.0L/4R70W/8.8"/5-lug/3" Exhuast

Reply #24
Quote from: V8Demon;157639
I'm curious to see how SD runs with a TFS stage 1 cam.  I want to see it first hand.

It will run like poop... My TFS Stage one idles approx 11" vacuum, speed densety is going to be real unhappy with anything less than 16" or so... May can idle it up to get more, but then the SD is expecting even higher vac...

Something that should work, is a vacuum pump or maybe just a reserve tank(a large one) with a throttle controlled regulator... The 80s GM diesels used such a setup to control the vac for the modulator valve on the 350 Turbo Hydramatic transmissions... It worked really well, I had one in a Cutlass...

Tom

Reply #25
Something that should work, is a vacuum pump

in works

Reply #26
Quote from: vinnietbird;157640
Let me know.I need a new cam.I'm unsure what to get with Speed density.I was going to contact Comp cams and see what they say.Do you have any ideas?

Comp 266HR cam (#35-308-8). That's what I use. It runs great with SD but it's close to the edge. You might have to bump the hot idle when not in gear to ~1050 rpms (~850 rpms in gear). If you don't you may have trouble when shifting from park to drive (it might stall). Cam specs are 210* intake/215* exhaust with .533/.533 lift with a 1.6 rocker. It has good low end torque and pulls like a mofookie above 3,000 rpms. It does not fall off above 5,000 rpms either like the stock HO cam:D
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

Reply #28
I GOTTA get me a new cam.My car runs really great,but,I need a little more.You know what I mean?

Reply #29
Sooooo if you have a "B" cam it's Mass Air time then eh?
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.