Skip to main content
Topic: 5.0 throttle body question (Read 1028 times) previous topic - next topic

5.0 throttle body question

Does anybody know what this black part of the throttle body is and what it does? Cuz I bought a 5.0 throttle body for my turbo coupe and it didn’t come with this piece so I’m gonna try to find one at the junkyard. If anybody has one for sale let me know. Mine came off a 94 - 95 mustang gt.

Reply #1
Looks like an IAC valve to me.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reply #2
Yep that's the IAC, forget the junkyard, go to any local parts store and they should be able to take care of ya for around $40-$50.
Project 3G: Grandpa Grocery Getter-'85 Crown Vic LTD 2-door, 351W with heavily ported/polished GT40 heads, heavily ported/polished Typhoon Power Plus upper & lower intake, Comp Cams 265DEH retarded 1*, FAST EZ-EFI, HD T5, 8.8" 3.73 trac lock with extra clutches, 3G alt. swap, '99 CVPI front brakes, '09 CVPI rear disc brakes, '00 CVPI booster&m/c + wilwood adj prop valve.

Parted & Gone-'88 T-bird Sport, 351W swap, ported GT40 heads

Reply #3
Use the IAC you have on the stock TC throttlebody.
1988 Thunderbird Sport. Work in Progress
5.8L swap w/fitech efi, 4R70W swap w/quick 4 controller, 2003 GT rear diff, 5 Lug swap

Bought this car back as an old project car.

:burnout:

Reply #4
Quote from: 86caprirs;156492
Use the IAC you have on the stock TC throttlebody.

I was kinda wondering if it would fit.

Reply #5
Quote from: JoeNoble;157247
I was kinda wondering if it would fit.

The later ones like the one you show work well and resist sticking/varnish  like the older ones do. I would use it if at all possible.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
1974 maverick lsx powered turbo car SOLD
1973 maverick Tijuana Taxi Tribute
1957 chevy LSX Turbo project (race car)
Owner of Joe Dirt Fabrication