Skip to main content
Topic: no start (Read 6859 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: no start

Reply #15
So I pulled the spout connector thingy with no change, and I pulled codes off of both cougars, the one my dad drives didnt pull any codes, so I am assuming that the tps sensor is good. So I switched out the tps. Still no change. what else could it be?
Quote from: jcassity
I honestly dont think you could exceed the cost of a new car buy installing new *stock* parts everywhere in your coug our tbird. Its just plain impossible. You could revamp the entire drivetrain/engine/suspenstion and still come out ahead.
Hooligans! 
1988 Crown Vic wagon. 120K California car. Wifes grocery getter. (junked)
1987 Ford Thunderbird LX. 5.0. s.o., sn-95 t-5 and an f-150 clutch. Driven daily and going strong.
1986 cougar.
lilsammywasapunkrocker@yahoo.com

Reply #16
Have you tried changing the tfi module :dunno:
95 Ranger Splash 2.3
88 Tbird Sport :ies::ies:
5.0 SO, stainless shorty headers, w/ Magnaflow lers. KYB struts, KYB shocks. 5lug conversion from sn95 Mustang, subframe connectors, drilled and slotted rotors, 03 Mach 1 wheels. sequential taillights.140 speedo

Reply #17
I was gonna do the tfi today. I couldnt find a good picture of one, I hoped to find one in my hays or chiltons. So could anyone (masterblaster) pull up a pick with it pointed out? Sorry for my inexperiance.
I honestly dont think you could exceed the cost of a new car buy installing new *stock* parts everywhere in your coug our tbird. Its just plain impossible. You could revamp the entire drivetrain/engine/suspenstion and still come out ahead.
Hooligans! 
1987 Ford Thunderbird LX. 5.0. s.o., sn-95 t-5 and an f-150 clutch. Driven daily and going strong.
1986 cougar.

Reply #18
Here ya go...
95 Ranger Splash 2.3
5.0 SO, stainless shorty headers, w/ Magnaflow lers. KYB struts, KYB shocks. 5lug conversion from sn95 Mustang, subframe connectors, drilled and slotted rotors, 03 Mach 1 wheels. sequential taillights.140 speedo

Reply #19
what would I use to get those screws out, It looks like its about 5mm but it looks like I will need a deep socket just to get it out?
Hooligans! 
1986 cougar.

Reply #20
Autozone sells a small tool made just for that. :)
95 Ranger Splash 2.3

Reply #21
I went there and tried to get one and they told me that they didnt have one. they told me just to get a deep socket of the right size. the problem is I dont know the right size because I cant get one to fit on to see if it fits.
Hooligans! 
1986 cougar.

Reply #23
thanks, I think I will go back after the shift change, or maybe tommarow after school
Hooligans! 
1986 cougar.

Reply #24
The tfi wrench looks like a socket with a  on the end to turn it. :)
95 Ranger Splash 2.3

Reply #25
Go there and say hey **** nuts I know were its at, its in the tool isle on the top rack beside the Duralast tools in the OEM tools section.....  Atleast thats were its at at the store me and john work at
One 88

Reply #26
Here's a py pic of what the tool looks like. :)
95 Ranger Splash 2.3

Reply #27
Yeah I think that I will come in again right after school. If I cant find it I will prolly make a bit of a stink. If it really just over on the shelf I will feel kinda dumb.
Hooligans! 
1986 cougar.

Reply #28
stripped one of the "tools". What a peice of . I would have been happy with a thin walled deep socket. anyways I stripped the one, got a new one, and now I have to pull the distributor out to get the next one, on two cars. I was running around it a t-shirt last night, play on the computer for 2 hours just to get 1/2' of snow for me to work in today. Wow I love utah(as my license plate reads"greatest snow on earth")
Hooligans! 
1986 cougar.

Reply #29
well I pulled out the distributor, its the only way I could have gotten to the bottom screw on the tfi. Havent started it yet, I think I have the distributor in right, but I am not sure. Can some people throw out ways to check it?
Hooligans! 
1986 cougar.