Skip to main content
Topic: Super Coupe Trivia (Read 2834 times) previous topic - next topic

Super Coupe Trivia

ok, what made the 89-97? super coupes progressivly faster? did they tune the computers, different heads? better ehxaust? smaller pully, better intercooler?

im look'n at maybe buying a 89 5speed. maybe... but i'd like some info on it.

Re: Super Coupe Trivia

Reply #1
Try here:SCCOA

James:cool:

Reply #2
The '94 and up had a lower first gear, and more boost from the eaton blower.

Reply #3
The later SC used 36lb injectors vs 30 lb for the early ones....

Reply #4
hte 94-95s got a better blower, bigger injectors, a bigger maf, a better tune, i think a bettwr y-pipe setup, and a better tune
It's Gumby's fault.

Reply #5
BUY IT.  Those things are a helluva lot of fun to drive as long as it's not your daily driver.
-Jim
1987 Cougar LS 5.0

Reply #6
Quote from: jkirchman
BUY IT.  Those things are a helluva lot of fun to drive as long as it's not your daily driver.

and y may i ask is that, i use my 91 SC as a daily driver in the summer as the torqe is a little much for snow and even rain proves to be fun.but yeah if you can get one you won't be disapointed and with a few mods you can reach mid to low 13's easy

Reply #7
gravity?
Long live the 4-eyes!  - '83 Tbird Turbo - '85 Marquis LTS - '86 LTD Wagon

Reply #8
well i called today, it was only for sale to my knowledg for about less than 5 days and its gone. had bad headgaskets anyway... o well. im sure ill find another sooner or later, or another tc which i think id rather have anyway. and if i do find another sc, maybe ill get a 94-95.  o and thanks james, im a member of the supercoupe board now to.

Reply #9
the 94-95 5-speed SC's are hard to come by these days
It's Gumby's fault.

Reply #10
my bro's got one . 94 white with leather int. grey. just had to payy 180 for the alt. and he did the plugs while he was at it. and he says the car feels alot beter since he took out the origbuttstuff plugs. (70,000) later. gap was aposed to be 50 or something and they were like 90 so. he is really reall impressed with the car now. still stock down to the air filter. 

on a side note about the sc's i think the suspention is the coolest. nice and tight. and at the flip of a switch  regular t-bird.
trick flow street heat intake , 24lbs injetors, ported GT-40's (Chip) long tube headers. and a Performance Automatic C4, with a hurst shifter!