Skip to main content
Topic: How would fox stang lights fit? (Read 7372 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: How would fox stang lights fit?

Reply #31
I know that 87-93 Mustang guys often install 89-95 MN12 T-Bird headlights because they're not happy with the stock Mustang units. It takes a bit of custom work, but custom work is what being a car guy is all about.

Lights that I'd like to see someone try in a T-Bird or Cougar are 98-05 Crown Vic lights. It'd require completely restyling the whole front end, but they are cool lights...
2015 Mustang GT Premium - 5.0, 6-speed, Guard Green - too much awesome for one car

1988 5.0 Thunderbird :birdsmily: SOLD SEPT 11 2010: TC front clip/hood ♣ Body & paint completed Oct 2007 ♣ 3.55 TC rear end and front brakes ♣ TC interior ♣ CHE rear control arms (adjustable lowers) ♣ 2001 Bullitt springs ♣ Energy suspension poly busings ♣ Kenne Brown subframe connectors ♣ CWE engine mounts ♣ Thundercat sequential turn signals ♣ Explorer overhead console (temp/compass display) ♣ 2.25" off-road dual exhaust ♣ T-5 transmission swap completed Jan 2009 ♣

Reply #32
I say put some kc daylighters behind the grill. :)

I think you should do the stang lights, make em fit, and post pics of them when your done.  If there's one lesson Ive learned, everything fits if you spend enough time on it.

Reply #33
I say put some kc daylighters behind the grill. 

He wants to see the road not melt the grill :giggle:

Reply #34
lol

Reply #35
yeah the crown vic lights are cool, but everyone would drive 20mph in front of me cuz they'd think I was a cop  :grinno:
I think the whole swapping the mounting plate from stang to bird should probably work, given that the lights themselves are close enough in size. this weekend probably I'll go to the yard and see the differences and see if this would work

Reply #36
ah.. i see what your getting at. forgive me for being slow. anyway...not exactly a projector light but maybe some 02 newer lights could be cut down and customized to fit. i thought about the mustang projector lights offered in brothers performance. something like that WOULD be realy trick. something to think about i guess. good luck with em.
:america: 1988 Thunderbird Sport, Former 4.6 DOHC T56 conversion project.

Rest of the country, Welcome to Massachusettes. Enjoy your stay.

Halfbreed... Mango Orange Y2K Mustang GT
FRPP complete 2000 Cobra engine swap, T56 n' junk...
~John~

Reply #37
just found somethin interesting, how to make angel eye light rings http://plaza.umin.ac.jp/~satoshi/mod152en.html dunno how it'd look on those projector lights, maybe if i get my dumb ass to work on homework I can photoshop it on there afterwards :p

Reply #39
oh, and those lights list for 300 bucks on summit, on ebay they're ~155  :wtf:  :screwy:

Reply #40
I didn't read the entire post, so I'm sorry if someone suggested this....but couldn't you cut the mustang projector lamps out of the housing and install them in a t-bird housing? Then you wouldn't have to deal with new brackets and poorly fitting marker lights and have really trick headlights. Just a thought.

Reply #41
no that hasn't been suggested, but I don't think I'd want to chance ruining a pair of $150 lights, and I don't know anything about how they're constructed in the first place. i'm going to just go to the yard, pay $2 to get in and see if the lights will work before spending anything more on the project

Reply #42
Man my favorite J-yard is freeeeeee!  I like the idea of getting the projector lamps in a set of t bird buckets.  But it would still look like  because they would be surrounded by yellow marker lights unless you shelled out the cash for new ones.  I like this idea though.  If you had posted that pic in the begining I think fewer harsh words would have left somebody's fingertips.
One 88

Reply #43
yeah the yard I go to is a Pick-n-Pull, they charge 2 bucks for admission, cuz they know you're gonna take 5lbs of nuts, bolts, fuses, lights, and other small stuff :D and the marker lights, probably would need to be polished up, but that's no biggie. I'm sure new ones wouldn't be as expensive as new headlights (at least I hope not)

and if it still looks like ass, that's what the covers are for :p at least until an asshole cop pulls me over  :giggle:

Reply #44
Yea exactly a pointless thread,and if you don't like my comments zpyro you can G.F.Y.S.!
Instead of bothering just about everyone on the board after 5 pages of people telling you they won't fit, and that nobodies stupid enough to try it but you, just go and hack it up yourself then post the pics so we can all laugh at you!