Skip to main content
Topic: Cougar front bumper on t-bird turbo coupe? (Read 1189 times) previous topic - next topic

Cougar front bumper on t-bird turbo coupe?

Does anyboy know if a front bumper like the one on this guys cougar would fit on an 88 thunderbird turbo coupe? I was thinking about going with an 86 thunderbird front but I like this look much better!

Reply #1
yeah it will fit, you just have to rewire the lights.

Reply #2
fender mounting points are the same.swap the headlight harness, i would get a 4 eyed Bird header panel though,( they are different) the bumpers are the same as far as t-bird cougar goes. you might want to get a TC bumper cover also or an XR-7 so it stay the correct trim level of options ( have the fog light cut outs)
1986 Cougar LS

Reply #3
The body lines won't match up, but it will bolt up.
Long live the 4-eyes!  - '83 Tbird Turbo

Reply #4
Quote from: Chuck W;152711
The body lines won't match up, but it will bolt up.

meant to say that.:iagree:
1986 Cougar LS

Reply #5
This is an '87-88 Cougar that I saw with a 4 eyed Bird nose. You can see how the molding and body lines are different just to give you a better idea.

By the way, the woman that drives that car drives like a friggin nut. I don't think she's aware how bad the brakes are on these cars. Come to think of it, that's probably how she ruined the original Cougar nose.

Reply #6
So it will work but the body lines will be a little off. Thats cool I'm sure I could (for the right price) find a bedy shop that could use filler to make the body lines look a little beter. Thanks guys!