Skip to main content
Topic: like or dislike stripe (Read 1973 times) previous topic - next topic

like or dislike stripe

does this look good or is it something you wouldnt do?
Never drive faster than your guardian angel can fly.
:birdsmily: :birdsmily: :birdsmily::birdsmily: 
  [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
1983 base model,1969 302 (originally a v6),upraded c5,currently 30,441 original miles.

like or dislike stripe

Reply #1
I dont know if red would be the right color for it. But it is a nice subtle touch to the paint.
"Real cars dont power the front wheels, they lift them"
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
1984 Mercury Cougar GS 5.0:cougarsmily: BBK Equal Length Shorties, BBK O/R X-Pipe, Magnaflow Magnapacks, Mustang GT Stainless Tailpipes, 18" Magnaflow Rolled Edge Tips. Turbo Coupe Hood, Mach 1 Chin Spoiler. 17"x9" Cobra R's, Falken Ziex 255/50s, and 245/45s.
1984 Ford Thunderbird 3.8L "Drag Queen"
2009 Dodge Ram 1500 Lone Star Edition 5.7L Hemi 400hp, lex DOD14M Magnaflow retro-fit ler kit

like or dislike stripe

Reply #2
I like it, but personally I think I'd rather try to find 85-86 (and maybe 83-84 but don't know) Turbo Coupe trim and do it that way...
2015 Mustang GT Premium - 5.0, 6-speed, Guard Green - too much awesome for one car

1988 5.0 Thunderbird :birdsmily: SOLD SEPT 11 2010: TC front clip/hood ♣ Body & paint completed Oct 2007 ♣ 3.55 TC rear end and front brakes ♣ TC interior ♣ CHE rear control arms (adjustable lowers) ♣ 2001 Bullitt springs ♣ Energy suspension poly busings ♣ Kenne Brown subframe connectors ♣ CWE engine mounts ♣ Thundercat sequential turn signals ♣ Explorer overhead console (temp/compass display) ♣ 2.25" off-road dual exhaust ♣ T-5 transmission swap completed Jan 2009 ♣

like or dislike stripe

Reply #3
I would do it in the same color as the interior.  Is the interior red?
One 88

like or dislike stripe

Reply #4
I can't tell but does your trim have that Chrome stuff at the top? On my 84 with the ribbed trim. I cut the clear covering off of the Chrome part. The chrome was all nasty and rusted. Below the chrome is a hard plastic surface that might look good painted. I do know that pin striping tape would work. I think it adds a nice touch to it. Kinda Grabs your eye but doesn't take away from the whole picture.
84 Turbo coupe 2.3T Modded with 88 upper and lower intake, 88 injectors, E6 manifold, T3-4 AR.60 turbo, 31X12X3 FMIC, Homemade MBC , Greddy knock off BPV.
4 eyes see better than 2! 
Da Bird!

FreeBird

like or dislike stripe

Reply #5
It's not quite "there" yet, but I do like the concept. It definitely has me thinking...

I like the "same as interior" idea. I think the front by the grill is the only thing that needs "work". The sides are perfectly placed in that body "groove".

like or dislike stripe

Reply #6
have to give a definate maybe

like or dislike stripe

Reply #7
Not to my likeing.

I prefer removing that type of thing for a cleaner look.
:birdsmily:   Objects In Mirror Appear to be Loosing  :birdsmily:

like or dislike stripe

Reply #8
the interior is grey,so I think a grey stripe would be a little to dark.

yes, I have the chrome trim on the molding,I also thought of painting that instead of the groove.
Never drive faster than your guardian angel can fly.
  [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
1983 base model,1969 302 (originally a v6),upraded c5,currently 30,441 original miles.

like or dislike stripe

Reply #9
I don't think it looks bad. The only place where you will have to do a lot of thinking is at the front bumper. With the stripe's distance from the molding on the side, it tells me the stripe should be the same distance from the molding on the front bumper. It shouldn't hug the headlights and grill.

BUT, by following what 'should' be correct, it probably wouldn't look right since the stripe will be on top of the bumper. Know what I mean?

like or dislike stripe

Reply #10
It looks good but I'd just replace the chrome strip with a red one. I think it would look much better that way. That's just my :2c:
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

I'm liking it

Reply #11
Looks pretty good - adding the red reminds me of the 84 Thunderbirds with the Fila package (eventhough they didn't have the same red stripe).  Have you thought about using silver for the stripe?  It would compliment your grey interior.

like or dislike stripe

Reply #12
Even it out all around per Eric, and you have yourself an even nicer car.  That's already a nice looking car.

like or dislike stripe

Reply #13
i think it looks good.  i do think that, like already said, you should do it the same color as the interior of your car.  looks sharp, though!
91 ranger 2.3 turbo - nowhere near stock
87 thunderbird turbocoupe
06 pontiac g6 gt
:birdsmily:

like or dislike stripe

Reply #14
Quote from: 84-V8 T-bird;155201
Looks pretty good - adding the red reminds me of the 84 Thunderbirds with the Fila package (eventhough they didn't have the same red stripe).  Have you thought about using silver for the stripe?  It would compliment your grey interior.

WOW, look at that badass ride!!;)
I vote for the red TC trim, or painting the chrome strop red. It would really set the car off