Skip to main content
Topic: Sneak peak of Project "T" (Read 1317 times) previous topic - next topic

Sneak peak of Project "T"

In my not so spare time, I've been helping my best friend Steve build his dream car, a 1927 Model T hot rod. He's been gathering parts for 4 years now, as he prefers to find period correct parts and hand fabricate most of the other's rather that build some catalog hot rod with mail order parts. It's not much to look at yet, but someday it's gonna be a furry on wheels.
79 Monte Carlo Landau--350/TH350 2K stall, 7.5 posi/3.73's...built with other people's "junk"
87 Thunderbird LX--3.8/AOD: stock DD:down and out with a blown motor (sucky esshag engines)
69 Impala 4dr Hardtop--327/glide: stock, parked and left for dead
84 Thunderbird LX--new project: donating it's engine to the 87 and then getting a v8 of a different kind???

Reply #1
That's awesome; I love the old school stuff.  I'm assuming that's a flat head?

Reply #2
No that looks like a plastic mock up engine.
One 88

Reply #3
Not a flathead. I'd guess more a BBC

Reply #4
sbc mock up motor. on flat head v8s, the spark plugs screwed in from the top of the heads. kinda like a hemi.....but without valve covers. :hick:
1979 Ford Fairmont
[/B]
5.0L/4R70W/8.8"/5-lug/3" Exhuast

Reply #5
Cool! I hope that top is gettin the chop...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
86 5.0 Turbocoupe (Katrina), 87 5.0 Sport (Rita)

Reply #6
love the rims. some pie crust slicks on there and its over.an i hope he's choppin it too.
1986 Cougar LS

Reply #7
Yeah, that's just a plastic mock up engine. It's gonna be SBC powered--350 from a 69 Chevelle. Gonna be about 365HP/350TQ with a 3 speed and 3.54 gears. It'll be stupid fast considerind all said and done it'll weigh about 1900lbs at most.
He's undecided as to how much to chop the roof if any at all, it's got a reeeeallllly long wheelbase because he's using an old racing frame along with a suicide front. Too much chop and it'll look out of proportion.
All i gotta say is it's a daunting task building a car from scratch. They make it look so easy on TV
79 Monte Carlo Landau--350/TH350 2K stall, 7.5 posi/3.73's...built with other people's "junk"
87 Thunderbird LX--3.8/AOD: stock DD:down and out with a blown motor (sucky esshag engines)
69 Impala 4dr Hardtop--327/glide: stock, parked and left for dead
84 Thunderbird LX--new project: donating it's engine to the 87 and then getting a v8 of a different kind???

Reply #8
tv?  you mean 23 minutes isn't enough to build a car?
1987 TC

Reply #9
Quote from: 32VFoxBird;152076
sbc mock up motor. on flat head v8s, the spark plugs screwed in from the top of the heads. kinda like a hemi.....but without valve covers. :hick:

And valves in the head;)
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

Reply #10
Quote from: 32VFoxBird;152076
on flat head v8s, the spark plugs screwed in from the top of the heads. kinda like a hemi.....but without valve covers. :hick:

I know what a flat head looks like; I meant that since he wanted "Period correct parts" that it would be a flat head.  Guess that idea is done.

Reply #11
I like the tall roofline. Those cars have so little room in them anyway.