Skip to main content
Topic: TC swaybar? (Read 1105 times) previous topic - next topic

TC swaybar?

I came across an almost completely gutted TC in the junkyard today, but noticed the front swaybar was still there, would it be an upgrade for my 87LX and would it bolt right on?
79 Monte Carlo Landau--350/TH350 2K stall, 7.5 posi/3.73's...built with other people's "junk"
87 Thunderbird LX--3.8/AOD: stock DD:down and out with a blown motor (sucky esshag engines)
69 Impala 4dr Hardtop--327/glide: stock, parked and left for dead
84 Thunderbird LX--new project: donating it's engine to the 87 and then getting a v8 of a different kind???

TC swaybar?

Reply #1
Yes and yes. Get some new bushings, though, as your LX bushings will not fit around the TC sway bar
2015 Mustang GT Premium - 5.0, 6-speed, Guard Green - too much awesome for one car

1988 5.0 Thunderbird :birdsmily: SOLD SEPT 11 2010: TC front clip/hood ♣ Body & paint completed Oct 2007 ♣ 3.55 TC rear end and front brakes ♣ TC interior ♣ CHE rear control arms (adjustable lowers) ♣ 2001 Bullitt springs ♣ Energy suspension poly busings ♣ Kenne Brown subframe connectors ♣ CWE engine mounts ♣ Thundercat sequential turn signals ♣ Explorer overhead console (temp/compass display) ♣ 2.25" off-road dual exhaust ♣ T-5 transmission swap completed Jan 2009 ♣

TC swaybar?

Reply #2
get the rear bar too
It's Gumby's fault.

TC swaybar?

Reply #3
Cool, hopefully it'll still be there when i go back Saturday. And unfortunately the rear had been torched out along with the sway bar.
79 Monte Carlo Landau--350/TH350 2K stall, 7.5 posi/3.73's...built with other people's "junk"
87 Thunderbird LX--3.8/AOD: stock DD:down and out with a blown motor (sucky esshag engines)
84 Thunderbird LX--new project: donating it's engine to the 87 and then getting a v8 of a different kind???

TC swaybar?

Reply #4
Where do you live? If youre local enough, i have a set of bars.
It's Gumby's fault.

TC swaybar?

Reply #5
I'm in between Philadelphia and Harrisburg in a small crack head infested town known as Reading. I know Baltimore is about 120 miles from me

TC swaybar?

Reply #6
Im about 20 minutes south of baltimore, so its probably too far of a drive for just some swaybars.
It's Gumby's fault.