Skip to main content
Topic: Ram Air Fender (updated! Pics-Pg3) (Read 4239 times) previous topic - next topic

Ram Air Fender (updated! Pics-Pg3)

Reply #30
Use the flex additive. We use flex primer on all bumper covers. Looks really cool. I was skeptical at first, but i really like it. The wheels set it off too. What color are you going to paint it? are you going to paint the wire mesh body color also? Also digging the hood off the other bird, wheres the TC cowl? We want pics!
"Real cars dont power the front wheels, they lift them"
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
1984 Mercury Cougar GS 5.0:cougarsmily: BBK Equal Length Shorties, BBK O/R X-Pipe, Magnaflow Magnapacks, Mustang GT Stainless Tailpipes, 18" Magnaflow Rolled Edge Tips. Turbo Coupe Hood, Mach 1 Chin Spoiler. 17"x9" Cobra R's, Falken Ziex 255/50s, and 245/45s.
1984 Ford Thunderbird 3.8L "Drag Queen"
2009 Dodge Ram 1500 Lone Star Edition 5.7L Hemi 400hp, lex DOD14M Magnaflow retro-fit ler kit

Reply #31
Great work.Very cool,and,no-one else has that.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #33
I like it. It looks much better after being primered:D
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

Reply #34
full view shots added to the users rides section.

Thanks for all the comments guys.  Aparrently the majority thinks I should add a second scoop on the drivers side as well, so after the car show tomorrow I will be taking the front end off again and adding it.

Reply #35
You can add the flex additive to all the paint on the front of the car it will help cut down on rock chips and such. Also Urthane paints will help with the rock chips. So have you got the box for the Ram Air part made yet? If so we want pics. The scoop is lookin Good.  I don't like the blue/black paint Idea. The scheme looks good but the color make me think it is a big bruse. LOL just kidding
84 Turbo coupe 2.3T Modded with 88 upper and lower intake, 88 injectors, E6 manifold, T3-4 AR.60 turbo, 31X12X3 FMIC, Homemade MBC , Greddy knock off BPV.
4 eyes see better than 2! 
Da Bird!

FreeBird

Reply #36
no I haven't made the box yet, had to concentrate on the rest of the body to get it in primer for tonight.  I will work on it after the show, and get some pics of it up.  Plus I stilll gotta finish the cowl hood yet too.

Reply #37
i belive no primer on the cover just add the flex agent let it tack and then paint paint. thats what my buddy did with his BMW when her replaced the cover. no issues and it's a DD.
trick flow street heat intake , 24lbs injetors, ported GT-40's (Chip) long tube headers. and a Performance Automatic C4, with a hurst shifter!

Reply #38
The more i look at it, the more i think you should loose the hood scoop. It makes the car look very busy. I think one of your cowls would look much better and cleaner.
It's Gumby's fault.

Reply #39
yeah I plan on it shawn, I gotta finish the cowl then it will go back on.  I just primered up this hood for now til I get it done.