Skip to main content
Topic: The "Stinkin Lincoln" is being striped!!! (Read 37404 times) previous topic - next topic

The "Stinkin Lincoln" is being striped!!!

Reply #465
The bill of sale, if a non-titled vehicle and proof of ownership (such as old title, copy or photocopy of the previous registration or copy of tax bill) from the person who sold you the vehicle.
RIP 1988 and 1990 Lincoln Mark VII LSC
I welcomed the dark side and currently am driving a 2000 Dodge Durango SLT plus, with a 5.9, Code named project "Night Runner"
Shes black on black, fully loaded, with headers, 180 tstat, e fan, straight exhaust into a cherry bomb vortex ler, full tune up, ported intake and T/B, MSD coil, and round aircleaner.
Mods to come: Fully rebuilt and heavily modded 46RE, and a richmond rachet locker.
my $300 beater ;)
R.I.P Kayleigh Raposa 12/18/90 - 2/24/07

Reply #466
Unfortunately you will likely have to ask around 'till you find out who can give you the exception that you need. You may have to do some legwork. You may be able to look up your motor vehicle laws online - I know I can do that here and it helped me a lot. Amazing how much more respect you get when you can quote the section of the law that pertains to your situation. People are generally lazy and won't do anything they don't have to.

Does the kid that sold it to you have any paperwork, or is that back in NY or...? No title anywhere? Carfax?
11.96 @ 118 MPH old 306 KB; 428W coming soon.

Reply #467
carfax does me no god, theres no record other then some one bought it from a dealer
it hasnt been registered in like 8 years
who ever bought it from a dealer didnt need a title to register it, but never did anyway
the kid i bought it from had it for a few years never registered it, or got a title
were anything is i have no idea
RI dmv site says i can try to get a old registration from them for a fee so im trying to see if new york does that
wish i would have seen this before i bought it
Important: Before you purchase a vehicle, a trailer, a boat, a snowmobile or an ATV, make sure that you can receive acceptable proof of ownership. If you do not have the acceptable proof of ownership, you can have difficulties when you register the vehicle or get a title certificate or transferable registration in your name.
and this
The buyer and seller can make photocopies of the bill of sale to keep in their records. The new owner must give the original bill of sale to the DMV with the other acceptable proofs of ownership required. A bill of sale is not an acceptable proof of ownership without other proofs.
I welcomed the dark side and currently am driving a 2000 Dodge Durango SLT plus, with a 5.9, Code named project "Night Runner"
Shes black on black, fully loaded, with headers, 180 tstat, e fan, straight exhaust into a cherry bomb vortex ler, full tune up, ported intake and T/B, MSD coil, and round aircleaner.
Mods to come: Fully rebuilt and heavily modded 46RE, and a richmond rachet locker.
my $300 beater ;)

Reply #468
BINGO!!!
Thank you New york!
Write to the owner and request that the owner transfer the acceptable proof of ownership to you and mail the proof to you. Use certified mail to request a return receipt.
If you do not receive proof of ownership, and the US Postal Service returns your certified letter, bring all of these items to a DMV office:

* The returned certified letter in its envelope, not opened.
    * A pencil tracing, a photo or a police statement that shows the vehicle identification number.
    * A notarized affidavit that explains how you got the vehicle and describes how you tried to get the acceptable proof of ownership.
    * Other dospoogeents that are evidence of ownership. For example, any bills of sale or registration dospoogeents of previous owners, or your cancelled check for payment, is evidence of ownership.
    * A completed form MV-51B (Statement of Ownership). Note: If you have had the vehicle, the boat or the snowmobile for less than one year and it was never registered by the previous owner, the previous owner must complete form MV-51B.

O **** Rhode Island
# You must pay sales tax on your vehicle even if you do not register the vehicle.
# Sales tax must be paid by the 20th day of the month following the month of purchase. For example:

* Bill of sale date is February 1st. You have until March 20th to pay your sales tax even if you do not register the vehicle.
    * After that date, interest and penalty on the original tax will begin to accrue.
my $300 beater ;)

Reply #469
Hmm, got a little work to do, but looks like there's a path you can follow.
11.96 @ 118 MPH old 306 KB; 428W coming soon.

Reply #470
hopefully
unless rhode island is freaking gay about it
theres also this but im not sure that rhode island does this
Important Note: If your proof of ownership for a vehicle, boat, or snowmobile that is non-titled is not a NYS transferable registration transferred to you by the previous owner, the local DMV office will issue a non-transferable registration. You can use the vehicle, boat or snowmobile with a non-transferable registration, but you cannot transfer your ownership to another person.

After your non-transferable registration is issued, the DMV Title Services Bureau examines your proofs. The Title Services Bureau decides if the DMV can issue a transferable registration. The Title Services Bureau will mail to you a transferable registration or a letter that explains why the DMV cannot issue a transferable registration.
my $300 beater ;)

Reply #471
Why didnt you look into all of this when you bought the car?how long have you had the car?
Never drive faster than your guardian angel can fly.
:birdsmily: :birdsmily: :birdsmily::birdsmily: 
  [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
:birdsmily: :birdsmily: :birdsmily::birdsmily:
1983 base model,1969 302 (originally a v6),upraded c5,currently 30,441 original miles.

Reply #472
Quote from: Chooglin;236226
Why didnt you look into all of this when you bought the car?how long have you had the car?

Think it is an age issue there. I do not mean that as an insult Mason. I sat on my car for aboout a year and a half before I got it tagged and insured. If no one is there to explain the process of taking ownership of a car to you its hard to be prepared. All I know was I needed a title and inspection and e test. If I didnt have the title I would have been lost since from what I understand it is hard to tag a car without on here. I think that if he knew it would have been a problem then he would have got it done before he paid that insurance set up. First cars teach you alot. this is just one more thing learned.
1986 Cougar LS

Reply #473
ive owned the car for a year and a half
I was under the impression that I could get a title with the bill of sale so I left it at that because when I bought it, it was nothing more then a parts car.
Technically I COULD get a salvage title or reconstructed because it was more the repair the car then the value of it when I bought it. BUT because I didnt have receipts for any of the parts for the most part, i cant prove that.
Time to harrass the DMV and try to get some answers. I need more to go on then o you need proof.
But yea if I had known all this shiznit I would have never got the  thing, cause I mean that guy ****ED me over so bad when I bought this thing. So much more was broke then he told me, so much hidden body damage, plus all this B/S now.
Thinking bout taking tomorrow out of school to see what I can get from the DMV
my $300 beater ;)

Reply #474
i'd just call the dmv and ask what the procedure is for a lost/abandonment title. My friends jake only had to have a county sheriff come and run the vin # to make sure it wasn't stolen and then gave him a yellow tag to take to the dmv.

Also, I have to pay taxes on the value of the car every year that I register all of my cars here.
Quote from: jcassity
I honestly dont think you could exceed the cost of a new car buy installing new *stock* parts everywhere in your coug our tbird. Its just plain impossible. You could revamp the entire drivetrain/engine/suspenstion and still come out ahead.
Hooligans! 
1988 Crown Vic wagon. 120K California car. Wifes grocery getter. (junked)
1987 Ford Thunderbird LX. 5.0. s.o., sn-95 t-5 and an f-150 clutch. Driven daily and going strong.
1986 cougar.
lilsammywasapunkrocker@yahoo.com

Reply #475
started pulling the nose apart the other day
Motor is starting to come out tomorrow morning
Shes going bye bye....
my $300 beater ;)

Reply #476
Did you get the other one?
1986 Cougar LS

Reply #477
will be by the end of this month
my $300 beater ;)

Reply #478
Hope it all works out for you. Im trying to get 2 SHOs right now and its non stop trying to figure out how to get them here and what needs to be done and who i need to get ahold of. Need to sell the truck, I know how you feel now. I have the Cougar though so its not as hard
1986 Cougar LS

Reply #479
Good luck Mason I feel real bad for ya. Nothin' but a really py situation. Just keep at it soon enough you'll have something you can cruise around in with your nose in the air. :D  You busted ass on that one, and look what it became. I gotta imagine the next one will be just as good. :cool:
1987 20th Anniversary Cougar, 302 "5.0" GT-40 heads (F3ZE '93 Cobra) and TMoss Ported H.O. intake, H.O. camshaft
2.5" Duals, no cats, Flowmaster 40s, Richmond 3.73s w/ Trac-Lok, maxed out Baumann shift kit, 3000 RPM Dirty Dog non-lock TC
Aside from the Mustang crinkle headers, still looks like it's only 150 HP...
1988 Black XR7 Trick Flow top end, Tremec 3550
1988 Black XR7 Procharger P600B intercooled, Edelbrock Performer non-RPM heads, GT40 intake AOD, 13 PSI @5000 RPM. 93 octane