Skip to main content
Topic: Where do I find new floormats for my bird? (Read 951 times) previous topic - next topic

Where do I find new floormats for my bird?

I've got an '85 Elan Tbird with the factory (original) floor mats.  They've  seen much better days.  So I'm looking for replacements but I haven't been able to find any.  Anyone here know where I could find some quality replacements?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reply #1
That's your cue, Eric.  Eric's been singing the praises of the new floormats he bought for his car, but it might be a local shop that did 'em.  I'm not sure, but he should be able to fill you in.

Reply #2
Now ya got me intrested B man.

Reply #3
http://www.accmats.com

That's about as close as you'll find for OEM. Lately there have been some NOS floor mats on eBay for fairly cheap, but color selection has been limited.

Just FYI, you can use any mats from 1983-88 Cougars/T-Birds, probably all 1984-92 Mark VIIs, and even Fox Mustang mats will fit our cars. In a pinch, even MN12 mats can fit.

Reply #4
Look under the trunk mat in various fox chassis birds/cougars.

My turbocoupe still had the NEW factory mats under the trunk mat when i got it still wrapped up in the plastic!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
1974 maverick lsx powered turbo car SOLD
1973 maverick Tijuana Taxi Tribute
1957 chevy LSX Turbo project (race car)
Owner of Joe Dirt Fabrication

Reply #5
My wife bought a new set of floor mats for the Bird.They look great,pretty heavy,and look factory.I didn't even ask where she bought them.It didn't matter.I keep towels on top of them to keep them clean.She thinks I'm crazy,but,after 14 years together,I suppose she's used to me.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #6
Quote from: SLEEPER T-BIRD 87;146690
Look under the trunk mat in various fox chassis birds/cougars.

My turbocoupe still had the NEW factory mats under the trunk mat when i got it still wrapped up in the plastic!

Later when I re-wire the radio correctly insted of showing wires, I'll have to look.

Reply #7
im not sure on the year but i can find out, but i got pontiac grand prix mats in my car.  besides the trans tunnel, they fit like a glove.