Skip to main content
Topic: '88 Tbird Turbo Coupe in OH (Read 1127 times) previous topic - next topic

'88 Tbird Turbo Coupe in OH

I have a 1988 Thunderbird TurboCoupe, good condition.

***New Price!  $800!***

-137k original miles. Engine runs great and is in excellent condition.

-5 speed manual transmission, shifts great.

-Black with red leather interior, leather is in fair condition except for the driver seat back and a small repairable tear/crack on rear driver side seat (see pics).

-All new brake lines. Some rear brake noise due to new rear pads needed. I actually have the pads already, just have not changed them. Those come with the car, of course.

-Turbo is in excellent condition, no problems.

-Some body rust (mostly on hood, small spots) and needs a new coat of paint as the original black paint is pretty faded.

-Passenger door needs a new handle but will open from inside (see pic). I have the original handle, probably can be reassembled.

Fully loaded. Original am/fm stereo/cassette deck with premium sound system and equalizer. Power windows, power door locks, power seats, power antenna, sunroof, keyless entry.

This is a really great car, not too much of a looker from the outside because it needs new paint but otherwise in very good condition, runs like a dream! Pulls a little to the right because it needs a front-end alignment.  Hard to find this car, especially running and in decent shape! No major problems at all.

Asking for $1000. Cleveland area, OH ***New Price!  $800!***

e-mail pxiebttrcup@yahoo.com

Reply #1

Reply #2
Such good shape...........ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh OK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reply #3
I bought my 87 tc for 300 bucks that is in 100 times better shape than that!Im not knocking you but two grand?You MIGHT get 500 for it as a mustang swap car.Good luck

Reply #4
Ok well thanks assholes for telling everyone my car is worthless just because it needs a coat of paint.  I'm very sure I'll sell it now.

Isn't there a rule I read on these forums that you can't say stuff like that?

If you don't want to buy it that's fine but don't ruin my thread for me.  Very similar cars online in my area are selling for much more just for parts cars for the engine.  I have never posted on these forums before (and probably never will again) and I didn't know your standards were perfection.

Reply #5
Yes thread-ping is to be avoided.

You are however very optimistic in your view on the condition of the car.

If you aren't interested in the car, then do not post.  If the price is too high, the lack of interest will reflect that.
Long live the 4-eyes!  - '83 Tbird Turbo - '85 Marquis LTS - '86 LTD Wagon

Reply #6
People arent knocking it because it needs paint, people are knocking it because these cars just arent WORTH that much unless they are in virtually perfect condition.
93 Festiva L, 193k miles, BP+T/G25MR swap, T3 50trim .48/.42, SRT FMIC, Capri electronics/Rocketchip, 2.5" exhaust
bests: ET 12.86, MPH 110.25, 1.92 short
02 Subaru Impreza WRX, 129k miles
97 Subaru Impreza Outback Sport, 236k miles

Reply #7
nm thank you

Reply #8
Then what is the actual listed selling price?
Long live the 4-eyes!  - '83 Tbird Turbo - '85 Marquis LTS - '86 LTD Wagon

Reply #9
Actual listed selling price is $1000.  I just edited the original post.  For some reason yesterday there wasn't an edit button on the original post.

Reply #10
Also, if anyone is actually interested, I am going to post some new pics as the ones taken didn't come out well and I have cleaned up the inside, vacuuming and all that...

Reply #11
Quote from: 2tbirdtc;145800
Actual listed selling price is $1000. I just edited the original post. For some reason yesterday there wasn't an edit button on the original post.

I think you can't edit posts until you have five posts.

Reply #12
Ah I see, thanks a lot :)  Makes sense, I am new here.

Reply #13
*Just replaced my py pics from the other day with better ones I took today*

Look at original two posts to see the new pics

Reply #14
$800 takes it.  I need room in my driveway,  It has to go.

C'mon guys, it's worth at least that.