Skip to main content
Topic: Parting an 87 Turbo Coupe in Conn (Read 933 times) previous topic - next topic

Parting an 87 Turbo Coupe in Conn

I'm parting out an 87 TC with a Charcoal interior in the southern Conn area. The drivetrain has been spoken for but body, trim and interior is up for grabs. The car looks good in the pics but has extensive rot in the 1/4 panels. I'll ship all reasonable sized parts but pickup only for large parts.

Taillights $50 pair + shipping - need to be cleaned and polished. No cracks but small chip in drivers above plate area.

Front or Rear bumper covers $50 ea- no shipping.

Power Mirrors- $30 pair + shipping

Any other parts your interested in, please E-mail me at cjk44t@yahoo.com

I can't post URL's so E-mail me for pics.

Reply #1
What town?Where are you exactly?
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #2
Quote from: CJK440;144093
I'm parting out an 87 TC with a Charcoal interior in the southern Conn area. The drivetrain has been spoken for but body, trim and interior is up for grabs. The car looks good in the pics but has extensive rot in the 1/4 panels. I'll ship all reasonable sized parts but pickup only for large parts.

Taillights $50 pair + shipping - need to be cleaned and polished. No cracks but small chip in drivers above plate area.

Front or Rear bumper covers $50 ea- no shipping.

Power Mirrors- $30 pair + shipping

Any other parts your interested in, please E-mail me at [COLOR="Red"]cjk44t@yahoo.com[/COLOR]

I can't post URL's so E-mail me for pics.

you cant post URL's?

Reply #3
Does NO ONE read the posted guidelines?

City and State required for ALL ads....
Long live the 4-eyes!  - '83 Tbird Turbo

Reply #4
I'm in Ansonia Conn.

What parts were you interested in Chuck??

Reply #5
One more.

Reply #6
I'm not interested in parts, I'm interested in people following the forum rules.

Thanks for the info and the pics.  It helps those interested.
Long live the 4-eyes!  - '83 Tbird Turbo

Reply #7
Quote from: 88turbo;144191
you cant post URL's?
It's part of my anti-spam mission. No new user can post URL's until they've got at least 5 posts. That eliminates 90% of spammers who join a forum, make two posts about free gas cards or ipods, and never come back.

You'll notice we haven't had any spam for quite some time? :D

Now back to your regularly scheduled thread
2015 Mustang GT Premium - 5.0, 6-speed, Guard Green - too much awesome for one car

1988 5.0 Thunderbird :birdsmily: SOLD SEPT 11 2010: TC front clip/hood ♣ Body & paint completed Oct 2007 ♣ 3.55 TC rear end and front brakes ♣ TC interior ♣ CHE rear control arms (adjustable lowers) ♣ 2001 Bullitt springs ♣ Energy suspension poly busings ♣ Kenne Brown subframe connectors ♣ CWE engine mounts ♣ Thundercat sequential turn signals ♣ Explorer overhead console (temp/compass display) ♣ 2.25" off-road dual exhaust ♣ T-5 transmission swap completed Jan 2009 ♣

Reply #8
where's this "rot" in the 1/4 panels?
1987 TC

Reply #9
Quote from: HAVI;144352

I'd guess it's in the quarter panels :hick:

Joking apart, black cars do a good job of hiding rust. You can see some around the wheel opening in one of those pics, but I'd guess the bulk of it is below the trim, in front of the rear wheel, just at the seam between rocker and quarter, and on the other side of the wheel opening, behind the wheel, down at the very bottom. They like to rust there...
2015 Mustang GT Premium - 5.0, 6-speed, Guard Green - too much awesome for one car

1988 5.0 Thunderbird :birdsmily: SOLD SEPT 11 2010: TC front clip/hood ♣ Body & paint completed Oct 2007 ♣ 3.55 TC rear end and front brakes ♣ TC interior ♣ CHE rear control arms (adjustable lowers) ♣ 2001 Bullitt springs ♣ Energy suspension poly busings ♣ Kenne Brown subframe connectors ♣ CWE engine mounts ♣ Thundercat sequential turn signals ♣ Explorer overhead console (temp/compass display) ♣ 2.25" off-road dual exhaust ♣ T-5 transmission swap completed Jan 2009 ♣

Reply #10
Its a  mirror image of my black one, except mine was NEVER that shiny. Rotted like that though, black with charcoal/raven interior
RIP 1988 and 1990 Lincoln Mark VII LSC
I welcomed the dark side and currently am driving a 2000 Dodge Durango SLT plus, with a 5.9, Code named project "Night Runner"
Shes black on black, fully loaded, with headers, 180 tstat, e fan, straight exhaust into a cherry bomb vortex ler, full tune up, ported intake and T/B, MSD coil, and round aircleaner.
Mods to come: Fully rebuilt and heavily modded 46RE, and a richmond rachet locker.
my $300 beater ;)
R.I.P Kayleigh Raposa 12/18/90 - 2/24/07

Reply #11
Quote from: HAVI;144352

The drivers side 1/4 is not connected to the rocker. I can put my foot into the car thru there. Also, the rot extends up and around both wheel lips in the rear. The car does look real nice in the pics but the gloss is from a cheap repaint at one time. It has a cheapy aftermarket sunroof sealed with a tube of silicone. I'm guessing the leaky sunroof wasn't kind to the floor. I know it leaked based on the musty smell inside.

I have no problems parting with the entire car sans drivetrain if somebody is up for the challenge.

Reply #12
Too bad you're so far away, I know i'm one of about 10 at least that would love to have that front bumper...

BTW, what shape are the foglights in?
'84 Mustang
'98 Explorer 5.0
'03 Focus, dropped a valve seat. yay. freakin' split port engines...
'06 Explorer EB 4.6

Reply #13
Abs master still work???
Would be nice to have an extra one around.
How much??

Reply #14
Quote from: dominator;144581
Abs master still work???
Would be nice to have an extra one around.
How much??

Any way to test it without driving the car??