Skip to main content
Topic: Undecided (Read 2420 times) previous topic - next topic

Undecided

I got this spoiler off an Mn12 at the junkyard when I got all my other parts the other day. It kind of bows in the middle but if I put the holes a little closer it will eliminate the bow in the middle for the most part. One problem is the brake light in the spoiler doesnt work and PA state law says if the light is there it has to work for inspection so I think I will just fill in the hole from the light with expandable foam and then sand it and bondo it nice and smooth before I paint it. So I put it on with some play dough to see how it would look but I am not sure.
So i am asking your opinions, should i put the spoiler on or leave it off?

Undecided

Reply #1
You need to move it back a little towards the rear if you use it..Personally,I don't think spoilers look good on the T-Birds.The Cougars accept them better.I think the '87/'88 Birds need nothing on the back.Bottom line,it's a matter of personal choice.By the way,where are the red reflectors from your taillights?Get them back on.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Undecided

Reply #2
The reflectors are on a shelf in the house. The nuts to hold them on were rusted out. I was in a hurry one night and had to put the front fenders, bumper, header panel, and taillights in an hour and a half cause the clutch cable on my civic broke.

Undecided

Reply #3
I'm holding out for a ducktail spoiler. Almost a nascar of the day style

Undecided

Reply #4
Paint the 3rd brake light in the spoiler black and install it,that will fix the bow in the middle and should pass inspection.
I had to install my 3rd brake light on the spoiler for my mn12 just to make the spolier look proper and not bow down in the middle.
Sanded it and painted it black so it's just like a center post.

Undecided

Reply #5
spoilers = rice, IMHO.
1979 Ford Fairmont
[/B]
5.0L/4R70W/8.8"/5-lug/3" Exhuast

Undecided

Reply #6
dito...
:america: 1988 Thunderbird Sport, Former 4.6 DOHC T56 conversion project.

Rest of the country, Welcome to Massachusettes. Enjoy your stay.

Halfbreed... Mango Orange Y2K Mustang GT
FRPP complete 2000 Cobra engine swap, T56 n' junk...
~John~

Undecided

Reply #8
That's what I was saying.No spoilers.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Undecided

Reply #9
I like spoilers, it just depends how it looks on the car. I like the ones that mold to the truck, that one looks good on your car.
"Real cars dont power the front wheels, they lift them"
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
1984 Mercury Cougar GS 5.0:cougarsmily: BBK Equal Length Shorties, BBK O/R X-Pipe, Magnaflow Magnapacks, Mustang GT Stainless Tailpipes, 18" Magnaflow Rolled Edge Tips. Turbo Coupe Hood, Mach 1 Chin Spoiler. 17"x9" Cobra R's, Falken Ziex 255/50s, and 245/45s.
1984 Ford Thunderbird 3.8L "Drag Queen"
2009 Dodge Ram 1500 Lone Star Edition 5.7L Hemi 400hp, lex DOD14M Magnaflow retro-fit ler kit

Undecided

Reply #10
ducktails are the only spoiler that belongs on a muscle car!!!
RIP 1988 and 1990 Lincoln Mark VII LSC
I welcomed the dark side and currently am driving a 2000 Dodge Durango SLT plus, with a 5.9, Code named project "Night Runner"
Shes black on black, fully loaded, with headers, 180 tstat, e fan, straight exhaust into a cherry bomb vortex ler, full tune up, ported intake and T/B, MSD coil, and round aircleaner.
Mods to come: Fully rebuilt and heavily modded 46RE, and a richmond rachet locker.
my $300 beater ;)
R.I.P Kayleigh Raposa 12/18/90 - 2/24/07

Undecided

Reply #11
Quote from: cougrrr302;143833
I like spoilers, it just depends how it looks on the car. I like the ones that mold to the truck, that one looks good on your car.

Thanks. I like it too. Just gotta fix that brake light hole and sand and paint it.

Undecided

Reply #12
When you fix the hole make sure you have the spoiler flattened to fix the bow and apply foam/fiberglass filler or whatever while in the flat position, that will help tremendously with taking out the bow.
"Real cars dont power the front wheels, they lift them"
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
1984 Mercury Cougar GS 5.0:cougarsmily: BBK Equal Length Shorties, BBK O/R X-Pipe, Magnaflow Magnapacks, Mustang GT Stainless Tailpipes, 18" Magnaflow Rolled Edge Tips. Turbo Coupe Hood, Mach 1 Chin Spoiler. 17"x9" Cobra R's, Falken Ziex 255/50s, and 245/45s.
1984 Ford Thunderbird 3.8L "Drag Queen"
2009 Dodge Ram 1500 Lone Star Edition 5.7L Hemi 400hp, lex DOD14M Magnaflow retro-fit ler kit

Undecided

Reply #13
Quote from: daboss351;143834
ducktails are the only spoiler that belongs on a muscle car!!!
No Thanks
I prefer this look:

Undecided

Reply #14
i stand corrected...
I still am in love with this(minus the gay side skirts)
X
my car is getting that nose and trunk, and a gt350 hood once i get her done
RIP 1988 and 1990 Lincoln Mark VII LSC
I welcomed the dark side and currently am driving a 2000 Dodge Durango SLT plus, with a 5.9, Code named project "Night Runner"
Shes black on black, fully loaded, with headers, 180 tstat, e fan, straight exhaust into a cherry bomb vortex ler, full tune up, ported intake and T/B, MSD coil, and round aircleaner.
Mods to come: Fully rebuilt and heavily modded 46RE, and a richmond rachet locker.
my $300 beater ;)
R.I.P Kayleigh Raposa 12/18/90 - 2/24/07