Skip to main content
Topic: WTF! crazy things that happen!!! (Read 957 times) previous topic - next topic

WTF! crazy things that happen!!!

Today after work I went over to my buddys house. We made trip to his parents to pick up some tools from his dad. Well when we pulled up his parents next door neighbor was there outside talking to his mother. She perked up when she seen my car. My 84 turbo coupe that is. She told me her bother had a t-bird that smae color and asked what year it was I told her 84' then she said her borthers was a turbo somthing with a 4 cyclinder in it. So I told her that is what my car is. She asked where I got the car. I told her my buddy here. Then he told her where he got it. Turns out that was her Nephew that my buddy bought the car from. Then the lady called her brother and tlod him about the car then he wanted to talk to me. Told me that I better take care of his "BABY". I told him about all the work that I 've put into it. He sounded happy and told me that he can rest better knowing I have the car and that I'm taking car of it. Then he told me that I'm lucky to have go the car. I guess his son had the car and had something happen with his arm and he couldn't drive a stick anymore. So this guys dad made the kids sell it. I guess the dad was pissed at his dad for making him sell it. He even had the vin number and knew the car was in this area just didn't know who, or where. Now as it turns out I'm the 4th owner of my bird . The dad,the son, my buddy , now ME. How about that for some messed up stuff to find out about your car.
84 Turbo coupe 2.3T Modded with 88 upper and lower intake, 88 injectors, E6 manifold, T3-4 AR.60 turbo, 31X12X3 FMIC, Homemade MBC , Greddy knock off BPV.
4 eyes see better than 2! 
Da Bird!

FreeBird

Reply #1
that's pretty cool!

ive let a couple of cars that i wish i could have back(69 buick riviera and 81 mustang coupe). he didnt try to get it back from you?
1979 Ford Fairmont
[/B]
5.0L/4R70W/8.8"/5-lug/3" Exhuast

Reply #2
Yes he hinted several times that he wanted it back. But I guess he figured there is NO way he is getting it back. The body and interior aren't as nice as when he had it but everything else is new. So he pretty much found out that he's not get it back. Hell when my buddy gave me the car it was an undestanding that if I was to get ride of it he got first chance to get it. So I'm kinda locked into that. A deal is a deal especially if it means I got my bird for free.
84 Turbo coupe 2.3T Modded with 88 upper and lower intake, 88 injectors, E6 manifold, T3-4 AR.60 turbo, 31X12X3 FMIC, Homemade MBC , Greddy knock off BPV.
4 eyes see better than 2! 
Da Bird!

FreeBird

Reply #3
That is cool. Always nice to know the history of your car.
:birdsmily:   Objects In Mirror Appear to be Loosing  :birdsmily:

Reply #4
I had a similar weird thing happen years ago. My first Thunderbird was an '85 light sage green base V6 model. I traded that car, with a blown up ler, leaky transmission pump seal and thoroughly worn out V6 with 270k miles on it, in on a '91 T-Bird and thought I'd never see it again.

About 6 or 7 years later I was looking for another Fox 'Bird and called an ad for an '85 5.0 model in the paper. I went to look at it - it was dark sage green. I looked under it and commented on how the underside was just as good as my old '85 (the upper body had rusted but the underside was like new, probably because the tranny leak thoroughly undercoated everything). I then looked inside and noted how the grey interior looked just like my old one, including the absolute lack of any options whatsoever. A closer look revealed that not only was the interior similar, it was IDENTICAL - right down to the custom EQ mount I had made for the ashtray space! When I owned the car I had TWO EQ's installed: One in the normal place, and one displacing the ashtray. I told the guy selling the car that I made that EQ mount and asked where he ever found it - he said it was in the car when he bought it for his daughter at an auction. I then looked under the hood, and there was the clincher: In welding class I had made a huge transmission cooler out of an evapourator core from a '79 Caprice. This cooler was about 12" wide, 8" tall, and 4" thick, and there it was, under the hood of this car!

The dark green V8 car I was looking at WAS my old light green V6 car from years ago! The guy had painted it and installed the 302 when the V6 grenaded. I asked him about the engine swap, and apparently he just bolted the 302 up to the old C5. Knowing that I had run that transmission absolutely dry several times, and that when I finally did change the fluid I had to se the tar out of the pan (and it was the most foul smelling fluid you could imagine), I knew the tranny wasn't good (and was actually very surprised to see it still working) so I passed on the car.

It sure was strange to see it again, though...
2015 Mustang GT Premium - 5.0, 6-speed, Guard Green - too much awesome for one car

1988 5.0 Thunderbird :birdsmily: SOLD SEPT 11 2010: TC front clip/hood ♣ Body & paint completed Oct 2007 ♣ 3.55 TC rear end and front brakes ♣ TC interior ♣ CHE rear control arms (adjustable lowers) ♣ 2001 Bullitt springs ♣ Energy suspension poly busings ♣ Kenne Brown subframe connectors ♣ CWE engine mounts ♣ Thundercat sequential turn signals ♣ Explorer overhead console (temp/compass display) ♣ 2.25" off-road dual exhaust ♣ T-5 transmission swap completed Jan 2009 ♣

Reply #5
Through a title history check back in '92, I know I'm second owner of my '69 Fairlane Cobra... Previously about all I knew that it was sold from  Cavanagh Ford in Salisbury MD(Still had the dealer sticker on the rear).. I had bought it from a small car lot over in Norfolk that specialized in Muscle cars...

Back then, I just called directly assistance and got the guys ph no and called him up... Got some old man who couldn't hear and couldn't understand what I was saying(prev owners father)... He got a woman on the line, and when I explained that I was trying to contact the previous owner, she blurted out "YOU GOT WILSON'S RED CAR???... I was eight years old when he traded that car in"('73)... She explained it was her brothers and he now lived in another town... With that she gave me his phone no and  I called and talked with him for over a hour... Turns out he wasn't really a Rot Rod gear head type, had just bought the car cause he liked it... Was almost the proverbial little old lady story, R code 428 Cobra Jet only driven to church on Sundays(course I understand she was out racing for beers after prayer meeting on Wed nights LOL... Seems one of the Deacon's wife had a big block Chevelle)...

He send me a couple pictures he'd taken when the car was new, and I sent him some current photos as well...

In the late 80s early 90s I had a '78 Granada I couldn't seem to get rid of...

Sold it(financed) and the owner decided not to payt... I reposessed it...

Sold it again and second buyer decided she didn't want it, and GAVE it back to me...(more story here)

I GAVE it to my mother-in-law, she kept it for a year or so and gave it back again..

Finally put it on a busy corner with $350 CASH on the window.... Never saw it again..

Reply #6
Quote from: TurboCoupe50;143153
In the late 80s early 90s I had a '78 Granada I couldn't seem to get rid of...

Sold it(financed) and the owner decided not to payt... I reposessed it...

Sold it again and second buyer decided she didn't want it, and GAVE it back to me...(more story here)

I GAVE it to my mother-in-law, she kept it for a year or so and gave it back again..

Finally put it on a busy corner with $350 CASH on the window.... Never saw it again..
...But the cat came back, the very next day, oh the cat came back...
2015 Mustang GT Premium - 5.0, 6-speed, Guard Green - too much awesome for one car

1988 5.0 Thunderbird :birdsmily: SOLD SEPT 11 2010: TC front clip/hood ♣ Body & paint completed Oct 2007 ♣ 3.55 TC rear end and front brakes ♣ TC interior ♣ CHE rear control arms (adjustable lowers) ♣ 2001 Bullitt springs ♣ Energy suspension poly busings ♣ Kenne Brown subframe connectors ♣ CWE engine mounts ♣ Thundercat sequential turn signals ♣ Explorer overhead console (temp/compass display) ♣ 2.25" off-road dual exhaust ♣ T-5 transmission swap completed Jan 2009 ♣