Skip to main content
Topic: Need: 1988 Cougar LS steering wheel (Read 588 times) previous topic - next topic

Need: 1988 Cougar LS steering wheel

I am looking for an NOS or like-new steering wheel with cruise control for a 1988 Cougar LS.  Anyone?
Robert

- too many '80s Capris and mid-'70s Cougars

Reply #1
I have a 88 xr7 wheel. Blue

Reply #2
I should have been more specific, as I need a black steering wheel.  Thanks, though.
Robert

Reply #3
Bump.
Robert

Reply #4
Would this be the "A" frame style wheel you are looking for? I have one out of an '84 with cruise but it is in medium charcoal, not black.
'74 Comet GT
'88 Mark VII LSC
'91 F150 Ext.cab 4X4

All 5.0L

'92 Geo Metro with 14" Hyundai rims (one of these just doesn't belong here, one of these things just isn't the same, ah heck, it's cheap on gas!):evilgrin:

Reply #5
Quote from: perfordmance;188637
Would this be the "A" frame style wheel you are looking for? I have one out of an '84 with cruise but it is in medium charcoal, not black.

Here is the type that I need:

Robert

Reply #6
Sorry, not that one.
'74 Comet GT
'88 Mark VII LSC
'91 F150 Ext.cab 4X4

All 5.0L

'92 Geo Metro with 14" Hyundai rims (one of these just doesn't belong here, one of these things just isn't the same, ah heck, it's cheap on gas!):evilgrin:

Reply #7
I have that one, but it sure isn't NOS. I will post a pic for you later today.

Reply #8
Here you go. The brown spot is just a little dirt, it came off with my finger right after I took the picture. The wheel itself and the buttons are nice. The horn pad is complete, your Cougar one will swap right in. The leather at the top "shrunk" but isn't cracked. Maybe an upholsterer could clean it up? Let me know if you're interested.

Reply #9
Thanks for the pic, Michael.  However, the one that I have is in very good shape, and I am looking for one that is either NOS or mint.  Again, I appreciate the effort, however.
Robert