Skip to main content
Topic: FILA T-Bird?????????? (Read 6124 times) previous topic - next topic

FILA T-Bird??????????

I was in the salvage yard this weekend looking for some seats and console and I saw a white t-bird with the FILA logo/emblm (you know, the shoe company) on the side down by the trim on the door.  I thought, that's weird.  I look inside and the "F" logo is depressed into the leather seats.  Either they made a special car for some Fila executive or someone had a major obsession with their shoes.  Has anyone ever seen anything like that before??

Re: FILA T-Bird??????????

Reply #1
Yes, the Fila edition is an '84.  It usually, but not always, got the 5.0.  Had special apperance package, as you might've guessed, and was the first car to rock the 8-hole aluminum 14" wheels.  They're not common, but they're not as rare as the '85 30th anniversary birds.  It is, indeed a production car.  Pretty desirable, if you can stand the white-out design.

Reply #2
Filas came in a few different colors: red, white, grey maybe black too. They are pretty cool.  They replaced the Heritage as the top of the line luxury Thunderbird. Really wanted this grey 1985 Fila I saw many years back.
pro-five-oh

88 Cougar XR-7...5.0HO, T-56, and much more                             
85 Thunderbird 30th...#2471, 29k, all original and might actually stay that way

Reply #3
Wow, I've only seen white.  And I thought they were made in '84, didn't realize they were 85's.

Reply #4
I seen one that was in sad shape.
Kinda do a dubble take and go what the #$%^ when u see one.

Reply #5
You know what I've never seen in person?
One of the "Night Cat" Cougars.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reply #6
They were made in 84, 85...and maybe 86.  I need to check my brochure again. Basically they are a notch above the Elan models...kinda like how an Explorer Limited is better than a Eddie Bauer.
pro-five-oh

Reply #7
Quote from: cougarcragar
You know what I've never seen in person? One of the "Night Cat" Cougars.

You're not missing anything.  :grinno:
pro-five-oh

Reply #8
Quote from: pro-five-oh
You're not missing anything.  :grinno:

Just the badges! If there cool looking I would like a set. :)

1987 cougar XR7 347 stroker FRP BOSS block 328rwhp 10.89 1/4mile @126mph ..so far..

2005 F150 5.4 vortec supercharged @15psi water methenol injected 450rwhp 14.0@98mph on 22's

Reply #9
I've seen only one Fila Edition here in Calgary so far (junkyard), which is the same I can say about the XR-7

Reply #10
Jason it is not so much to do with shoes as it was a designer label thing......kinda like a Bill Blass lincoln.  Back thern fila was a kinda big designer.  I think the car came with a Fila tote bag and a few other similar goodies

Reply #11
Fila still makes a lot of sporting equipment, they are more internationally known though.  But yeah, that was the deal.  You got a sport bag, a towel and probably some other  when you bought a Fila Tbird.
pro-five-oh

Reply #12
Is it kind of the same thing as an Eddie Bauer explorer? I know the LSCs had Versaci and Bill Blass but the Versaci model was cut early on.

Reply #13
Its exactly like an EB Explorer.  Or the BB or Versace Mark VIIs.
pro-five-oh

Reply #14
Cool, I never heard of Fila except for the shoes.  This one is white, with gray leather interior.  I thought about c00ching the rear seats.