Skip to main content
Topic: Window Tint (Read 1217 times) previous topic - next topic

Window Tint

Has anybody bought tint from these guys?

I want to tint my windows and i figure if i can save myself some time cutting it it would be a good deal considering the price of tint is about that much anyway.

Window Tint

Reply #1
That sounds like a pretty good deal. Hmmmm

John

86' T/C 4.6L DOHC
16' Chebby Cruze 1.4L Turbo
17’ Peterbilt 389 600hp 1850ftlb Trq 18spd

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Heavy Metal Mistress”
[/COLOR][/SIZE]

Window Tint

Reply #2
Have it done at a reputable place.I take my cars to place called ColorMatch.They've been around here for a long time,and give a lifetime warranty with their work,plus,it's only $145.00 for 5 windows.Not bad.They use the good film,not the  like you buy at WalMart or Autozone.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Window Tint

Reply #3
By the way,if you have the rear window defroster,which most of us do,you don't want to mess up trying to do that just to save a few bucks.I would bet that the cheap tint you mentioned is just that,cheap tint.Often times,you get what you pay for.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Window Tint

Reply #4
I found that stuff on ebay awhile back. I might try it, but I dunno. Doing the back window is probably a total bitch.

Also you can't use a rear window defroster with tint, I was told...the one on my car was unhooked when I got it (windows had been tinted) but some of the grid is missing so it doesn't work anyway.

Garrett H.
'94 F250 XLT- 4x4, 5 speed, 7.3 IDI Turbo Diesel, 4" intake, 4" exhaust, 5" turnout stacks, manual hubs, etc.
'87 Thunderbird Turbo Coupe
Engine, wheels, tires, etc!
Exhaust sound clip
Another clip

Window Tint

Reply #5
The best deal I did with tint was taking it to a shop. Lifetime warranty. $120.oo for the 5 windows and a sunshade strip on the windshield. The best way hands down.  I've done it a few times myself and it sucks. Worse than sanding.
84 Turbo coupe 2.3T Modded with 88 upper and lower intake, 88 injectors, E6 manifold, T3-4 AR.60 turbo, 31X12X3 FMIC, Homemade MBC , Greddy knock off BPV.
4 eyes see better than 2! 
Da Bird!

FreeBird

Window Tint

Reply #6
When I was driving my blue 'Bird,the windows had been tinted for about 6 or 7 years,used the defroster every winter,no problems.That's the difference good tint and a good installer make.It didn't take more than an hor or so to get it all done.Right before I get my car painted,the Sport will have tinted windows as well.

Window Tint

Reply #7
A quality tint will withstand a rear defroster with no problems. I've personally tinted the glass on all kinds of cars, trucks and SUVs. The worst experience I ever had was trying to tint the rear glass on my MN12, and I would imagine the Thunderbird is just as difficult. The problem is because the glass has a compound curve. I'll never try it again.
If anybody has seen my '96 in person, they will notice that the side glass is tinted and the rear glass isn't. Yeah, that's why.
The amazing thing is that I used the py $12 tint from Wal-Mart just to see what would happen. 2 1/2 years have gone by and the tint hasn't faded, lifted, or even changed color. I'm actually impressed.
Then again, I've seen professional jobs go purple after two years.
If you decide to have a professional do it, make sure they use a quality metallized tint.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Window Tint

Reply #8
A lot of times,the purlpe color on tint comes from cleaning tint with too hrsh of a cleaner,like amonia based products.My rear window was done with one piece of tint.

Window Tint

Reply #9
The rear of my 84 T-bird is one piece of tint.
84 Turbo coupe 2.3T Modded with 88 upper and lower intake, 88 injectors, E6 manifold, T3-4 AR.60 turbo, 31X12X3 FMIC, Homemade MBC , Greddy knock off BPV.
4 eyes see better than 2! 
Da Bird!

FreeBird