Skip to main content
Topic: Does this need to be lowered? (Read 2397 times) previous topic - next topic

Does this need to be lowered?

A lot of people commented on my previous pictures and how they thought my TC needed to be lowered.  I personally think it was an unflattering camera angle.  Check this pic out and let me know what you think.

Reply #1
It depends on what you do with it.  Daily driver?  Leave it as is.  It would look nice an inch or so lower. But don't do anything to hinder its street manors.
One 88

Reply #2
I wouldent, looks great
:birdsmily:   Objects In Mirror Appear to be Loosing  :birdsmily:

Reply #3
Off-roader :raspberry.......drop it!

Reply #4
lower it an 1 to 1 1/2 and it will look even better.

Reply #5
My personal opinion (based on that photo), is that it sits EXACTLY how I want it to.  I wanted it to sit a bit higher in the back than the front, but not too much. The 275/40/17 M/T DR's fill up the wheel-well nicely.  Yes, there is a bit of a gap between the tire and wheel-well, but I think it this case it looks very good.  In my opinion, I think lowering my car with the rims/tires it has would not look right.

Reply #6
You already know my answer. :D
2005 Subaru WRX STi|daily driver

Reply #7
It would look twice as sneaky if it was dropped an inch or so.  Make it so!

Reply #8
Someone photoshop it to convince him. ;)

Reply #9
Quote from: Red Spar;137522
It would look twice as sneaky if it was dropped an inch or so.  Make it so!

That sig is sweet!!!

;)
Quote from: Billyf17;137525
Someone photoshop it to convince him.

I agree. :)
2005 Subaru WRX STi|daily driver

Reply #10
OK here is a quicky photoshop lower job.  IMO it looks 100% better.

Make it so x 2!

Reply #11
I like it the way it is.It looks good.Mine sits just like that.I NEVER have to "take it easy" over any speed bumps,never drag the front chin spoiler,and it can do anything any other 'Birds and Cougars can do.If you like it,leave it alone.It's all about personnal taste.Some like them as the factory built them (height),and some like them low.I like mine where it is,like yours.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #12
Wow, awesome photoshop job!  It does look good lowered, but I think for practicality I will leave it as it sits now.  Oh, and thanks for brightening the pic up a bit ;-)

Reply #13
that PS looks really close to my planned ride height which is too low for stock geometry.

a 1" drop would do wonders for your car though, IMO.
gumby - beauty may fade, but stupid is forever!

Reply #14
nice car , I think the drop looks so much better
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
                        :birdsmily: