Skip to main content
Topic: Working on the soon tobe DD car. (Read 1166 times) previous topic - next topic

Working on the soon tobe DD car.

Thought I would post up some pics of the work I've been doing. This is to make this 94 Cougar my daily driver and Take the 84 Turbo coupe off the road to paint and make it the beauty she deserves to be. So here we go. The first pics is from the day I went and looked at the car. The 2nd is a pic of the car at home after I went and got the body parts I needed. The 3rd pic is of the header panel with the lights and grill on it. I know that is a 93' grill but it will have to work untill I get the right one.
84 Turbo coupe 2.3T Modded with 88 upper and lower intake, 88 injectors, E6 manifold, T3-4 AR.60 turbo, 31X12X3 FMIC, Homemade MBC , Greddy knock off BPV.
4 eyes see better than 2! 
Da Bird!

FreeBird

Reply #1
Next we have some pics of the interior followed be a shot of to front end before  I took the radiator support out.
84 Turbo coupe 2.3T Modded with 88 upper and lower intake, 88 injectors, E6 manifold, T3-4 AR.60 turbo, 31X12X3 FMIC, Homemade MBC , Greddy knock off BPV.
Da Bird!

FreeBird

Reply #2
Finally on to the most recent work. First is a pic of the front end with the radiator support removed. Notice how I welded in some steel to support everything while I removed the rad support. The next to pics show the old and new to me radiator support.
Da Bird!

FreeBird

Reply #3
Last I have some pics of the trial fittment of the new radiator support. All in all I think things are coming along very nicely. I know its not a Fox  Car but it is gonna help make my fox top of the heep. So what do you all think?
Da Bird!

FreeBird

Reply #4
Wow,you've been busy.Good work.Not a bad looking car either.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #5
Here are some pics of the most recent pics of the work Myself and mr Weld myster. That is my buddy. Any how I know you all like the pics so here we go.

Da Bird!

FreeBird

Reply #6
Good stuff, man. It's going to be a nice daily driver when you're done with it.
You should consider installing a transmission cooler before you install the header panel.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reply #7
I was thinking tranny cooler and some fog lights.  Before I button it all up. I do have some White face EL glow gauges for it(haven't installed them yet), Also I got one of the newer center console covers with the cup holders in it. I also pick up some new/used air bags. Hoping to have it done before to long.
Da Bird!

FreeBird