Skip to main content
Topic: cobra/explorer intake manifold (Read 644 times) previous topic - next topic

cobra/explorer intake manifold

i want to buy a cobra or a explorer intake manifold
1988 LX coupe. a dressed up motor with full exhaust and BBK shorties with flowmasters, BBK CAI, accufab 65mm tb, HO upper intake, cobra valve covers.

Reply #1
Go to the local junk yard and ask for a 96-2000 explorer/mountainer intake.
And if the TB on it take that to it’s a 65mm.

Reply #2
Right on.The 65mm t-body is easily adaptedably to our cars with only a lever swap.Takes about 15 minutes.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #3
haha i already did that and they want $250 and it was shiznitty looking, and then another place didnt want to sell it.
1988 LX coupe. a dressed up motor with full exhaust and BBK shorties with flowmasters, BBK CAI, accufab 65mm tb, HO upper intake, cobra valve covers.

Reply #4
For the whole setup,$250 isn't bad.Especially if it already has the injectors,t-body and all.You can clean up the intake.Mine was wicked cheap,but I polished it over a weekend and it's awesome.Cheaper than buying a Cobra,and then a t-body.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #5
Check these out quick...
E-bay # 110106214401

Reply #6
I'd say $250 for everything aint a bad deal at all... and the Cobra intake will make a big difference in the midrange to top end over a stock HO. Mine was worth every penny.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
86 5.0 Turbocoupe (Katrina), 87 5.0 Sport (Rita)

Reply #8
Ether,it says it sold for $75.00 !!! That's an awesome price.If I would've seen it,I'd have bought it,and I don't even need it.

Reply #9
pic
95 Ranger Splash 2.3
88 Tbird Sport :ies::ies:
5.0 SO, stainless shorty headers, w/ Magnaflow lers. KYB struts, KYB shocks. 5lug conversion from sn95 Mustang, subframe connectors, drilled and slotted rotors, 03 Mach 1 wheels. sequential taillights.140 speedo

Reply #10
looks sweet, i'll buy it!