Skip to main content
Topic: i have ghosts in my car!!! (Read 1109 times) previous topic - next topic

i have ghosts in my car!!!

i took my car in because the locks would go up and donw by them selfs so we got 2 new door lock acuators and a new modual for all the electronics and it is still going on.. they checked all the wires and couldnt find anything... what do you guys think it is?
1988 LX coupe. a dressed up motor with full exhaust and BBK shorties with flowmasters, BBK CAI, accufab 65mm tb, HO upper intake, cobra valve covers.

Reply #1
has to be something completing the circuit somewhere. prolly just wires touching somewhere. do you have keyless entry? that would be more likely if both sides are doing it, but i have no clue honestly.
:cougarsmily:5.0 HO, E303 cam, Exploder/Cobra intake, smog pump delete, Ford Taurus electric fan, MAF conversion, BBK headers, MAC 2.5" off-road exhaust w/x-pipe, AOD w/shift kit, 8.8 Trac-Loc rear w/disc brakes, 5-lug conversion w/'98 Mustang GT 17" wheels, Mach 1 springs:cougarsmily:

Reply #2
Mine did that and it was the door lock buttons on the driver side.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #3
Check your door lock switches....pull them out and clean them up.  Gunk on a switch CAN complete a curcuit.  I had a slight fire in my car due to gunk on the window switch.  After that I pulled every switch out and cleaned it.  The amount of  on them was unreal.
-- 05 Mustang GT-Whipplecharged !!
--87 5.0 Trick Flow Heads & Intake - Custom Cam - Many other goodies...3100Lbs...Low12's!

Reply #4
The auto lock feature could be activated...that's part of the keyless entry system. I believe you also have to have a floor shifter for this to function. When the gear shifter goes through R from Park, the doors will lock; likewise, when going from D to Park, passing through R unlocks the doors. Does that sound familiar?

Reply #5
The auto lock feature could be activated...that's part of the keyless entry system. I believe you also have to have a floor shifter for this to function

The auto-lock works on column shift cars as well.  I took the origainal post as the doors were unlocking and locking while NOT shifting through the gears.....while the car was in drive the whole time or something along those lines.
-- 05 Mustang GT-Whipplecharged !!
--87 5.0 Trick Flow Heads & Intake - Custom Cam - Many other goodies...3100Lbs...Low12's!

Reply #6
it happens at all times, when its idling, when im driving ect.
thanks for your help! i'll clean out my door panel switches
1988 LX coupe. a dressed up motor with full exhaust and BBK shorties with flowmasters, BBK CAI, accufab 65mm tb, HO upper intake, cobra valve covers.

Reply #7
My 88' XR7 does that from time to time also. I just play with the locks up and down a bit until it stops. No key less, or lock and unlocking when I move the floor shifter. I almost have to catch the lock just at the right time also to get it to stop when I do that. Just like yours, it does it randomly.