Skip to main content
Topic: Center dash mods (Read 5630 times) previous topic - next topic

Center dash mods

Reply #30
That hurts Tbird232ci.But not much.LOL.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Center dash mods

Reply #31
would hurt more if he kicked you there! haha
RIP 1988 and 1990 Lincoln Mark VII LSC
I welcomed the dark side and currently am driving a 2000 Dodge Durango SLT plus, with a 5.9, Code named project "Night Runner"
Shes black on black, fully loaded, with headers, 180 tstat, e fan, straight exhaust into a cherry bomb vortex ler, full tune up, ported intake and T/B, MSD coil, and round aircleaner.
Mods to come: Fully rebuilt and heavily modded 46RE, and a richmond rachet locker.
my $300 beater ;)
R.I.P Kayleigh Raposa 12/18/90 - 2/24/07

Center dash mods

Reply #32
Perhaps................perhaps not.LOL.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Center dash mods

Reply #33
heck, i've lived without them for this long. i think i'll be alright. if i ever get saisfied with my interior mods and i have the extra space, then i'll go for it. doubtful i would, but nah, i'll live.
:cougarsmily:5.0 HO, E303 cam, Exploder/Cobra intake, smog pump delete, Ford Taurus electric fan, MAF conversion, BBK headers, MAC 2.5" off-road exhaust w/x-pipe, AOD w/shift kit, 8.8 Trac-Loc rear w/disc brakes, 5-lug conversion w/'98 Mustang GT 17" wheels, Mach 1 springs:cougarsmily:

Sorry for taking so long...

Reply #34
I posted a few years ago on my cupholder mod, but I didn't break down and buy a digital camera until late last year. When I saw the thread I ran out to the T-Bird and snapped a few pics. As you can see, I dremeled out the area next to the lighter and put it in there. It's an in-dash cupholder for a '99 Toyota Land Cruiser (wanna have some fun? go to the Toyota dealer, order one, and watch the looks on their faces when you tell them it's for your Fox T-Bird ;)  ) I had to slightly modify the sleeve to allow it to slide out an extra half inch so it could clear the lip of the trim below, but all that meant was dremeling out a 1/2" area at the back of the sleeve.

Also, note my voltmeter below the column shifter: I've gone through so many alternators that a few years ago I got a panel from a TC and put a Datel meter in there so I had something better than an idiot light (My bird is a V8 with the base dash).

EDIT: Eek. Sorry for the huge pics. Changed to thumbnails, click for the full hi-res shots.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
5.0L Speed density
Explorer intake
'92 Mustang GT cam
GT-40 racing heads
Unequal length headers
Custom-made duals
19# injectors
65mm TB
AFPR
T/C header panel
11" brake upgrade
T/C rear sway bar
Electrical mods: too many to list :D

Center dash mods

Reply #35
I've got a digital multimeter in that spot too! Except my trim piece is just the solid no-feature piece that got cut into. I still need to tint it or something, 'cause it causes too much glare at night (its blue and brighter than even the Pioneer 7800MP's illumination which is quite bright with the dimmer disabled). Put it in once I noticed voltage drops from my mark viii fan at idle.
1988 Thunderbird Sport

Center dash mods

Reply #36
I Did The Cup Holder Mod Ill Get Some Pics Up It Fits Good Just Half To Do A Little Triming
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Center dash mods

Reply #37
Quote from: TucanSam;132875
Seems like my desire to install cupholders has generated alot of hate. I multi-task. Shift, drink coffee, talk on the phone. Im all about cupholders, all my vehicles have them, always will.

I drive an average of 70 miles a day. At least twice a week I see a "multi-tasker" crumple some sheetmetal. You're in a 3500 lb chunk of steel that can KILL people.

Save your coffee and corn flakes til you get where you're going. Hang up the phone and drive.

Center dash mods

Reply #38
I agree, I can't stand it when people use the phone while driving, it makes me want to yell at them to GET OFF THE PHONE! I've seen people doing 80 on I-95 and unable to stay in their lane because they're yakking on the phone way too many times. I'm scared to death to be within a quarter mile of them. Cupholders, however, can be used safely. 99% of the time I use mine because I bought a soda or iced tea or something else at the cafeteria at work and I want to bring it home. I stick it in the cupholder and it stays put, for me it's LESS distracting because I don't have to hold it and I know it won't roll or bounce around. I don't like drinking beverages while driving, and I never leave the house with one, for me it's always for transporting something home.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
5.0L Speed density
Explorer intake
'92 Mustang GT cam
GT-40 racing heads
Unequal length headers
Custom-made duals
19# injectors
65mm TB
AFPR
T/C header panel
11" brake upgrade