Skip to main content
Topic: Yes, I have another toy.... (Read 2235 times) previous topic - next topic

Yes, I have another toy....

Reply #1
Looks like something from one of the Mad Maxx movies.LOL.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #2
It had a 230hp 2.3 in it when the other guy bought it. Right now it has nothing and is going to get a 302. It a project for me and the brother in law. Also came with a pair of 2.3 that are going to be gotten rid of one way or another.

Reply #3
Nice.  Oi, please paint it fast though.  Maybe a satin rattle can attack like Sleeper's car, it turned out really nice.

Reply #4
uhk.  i hate trucks and bodykits.  take it off and destroy the bodykit BAD.

Reply #5
that'll look plumb sick when done. Are you gonna shave the door handles to "go along" with the the rest? How about a tonneau cover?
Man, a coat of paint, some tint, and that thing is gonna look awesome. What plans you have for the engine, carb or efi?
'98 Explorer 5.0
'20 Malibu (I know, Chevy, but, 35MPG. Let's go brandon, eh)

Reply #6
ah man, i didnt realize other than the front bumper the kits shaved onto the body.  those tailights look like he got his big ol drill bit out and got a little trigger happy.  but yeh, that truck otherwise isnt shaved, they just put on a shaved aftermarket tailgate skin and prolly had the tailight inserts welded in.  ugh those tailights.  i'd get rid of everything, including the py tailights, and french in some LED's on the body line.  you can get a chrome billet grill (or paintable probably) out of a minitrucker magazine.  one thing about those rangers they can get lookin rough.  thats an 80's minitruck, throw on a windowless leer top and some wire wheels and it'll be lookin good with a ape grape and mandarin paint job....  i kid i kid...

Reply #7
Quote from: Autocat;131452
ah man, i didnt realize other than the front bumper the kits shaved onto the body.

I assume you mean "molded" into the body...

That thing definitely looks rough. Bet it's been sitting quite awhile.

Garrett H.
'94 F250 XLT- 4x4, 5 speed, 7.3 IDI Turbo Diesel, 4" intake, 4" exhaust, 5" turnout stacks, manual hubs, etc.
'87 Thunderbird Turbo Coupe
Engine, wheels, tires, etc!
Exhaust sound clip
Another clip

Reply #8
One thing is for sure - that truck was not customized in the early '90s and then parked for several years.
Absolutely not. Nope. No way.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reply #9
no kidding, but that kit was most likely designed in the early 90's or late 80's and has been made for over a decade. and shaving is molding. to remove a line = shave.

Reply #10
I personally like it, espiecaly the placement of the mirrors. Can't wait to see what you actually do to it and it is good to see another Ranger owner.
1987 Cougar XR7 5.0 SOLD
1992 Ranger 4.0
2018 Hyundai Elantra
2019 Ram Rebel

Reply #11
I always thought filling a gap line b/t body parts was called Leading.

Reply #12
Never heard of that as shaving but ooook...

Garrett H.
'94 F250 XLT- 4x4, 5 speed, 7.3 IDI Turbo Diesel, 4" intake, 4" exhaust, 5" turnout stacks, manual hubs, etc.
'87 Thunderbird Turbo Coupe
Engine, wheels, tires, etc!
Exhaust sound clip
Another clip

Reply #13
That thing looks sick, and i mean sick as in it needs to be taken to a doctor and have itself checked out. The corvete esque lights are THE gayest thing i have ever seen on S10/Ranger/Sonoma/K series trucks.

Reply #14
i vote take off the body stuff to get the ground clearance back, and.....FIELD CAR!!!!:hick:

who's with me!!!!????

i gotta have a lotta land someday, i want to get a beat up car and thrash it through a field.
1987 20th Anniversary Cougar, 302 "5.0" GT-40 heads (F3ZE '93 Cobra) and TMoss Ported H.O. intake, H.O. camshaft
2.5" Duals, no cats, Flowmaster 40s, Richmond 3.73s w/ Trac-Lok, maxed out Baumann shift kit, 3000 RPM Dirty Dog non-lock TC
Aside from the Mustang crinkle headers, still looks like it's only 150 HP...
1988 Black XR7 Trick Flow top end, Tremec 3550
1988 Black XR7 Procharger P600B intercooled, Edelbrock Performer non-RPM heads, GT40 intake AOD, 13 PSI @5000 RPM. 93 octane