Skip to main content
Topic: Wiring Diagrams -- 86 Base Bird, 3.8L (Read 1011 times) previous topic - next topic

Wiring Diagrams -- 86 Base Bird, 3.8L

Anyone out there got a full set of wiring diagrams for an 86 base bird?  Looks like the engine bay didn't change much between 84 and 86, but the under-dash is completely different.  I'm currently re-working the diagrams I have with a CAD package to make them easier to read, and will gladly swap that with someone that can provide me with factory diagrams or something from a Ford Service manual.

Thanks in advance.
:birdsmily:
(X2) '86 Thunderbird, 3.8L CFI, C5 Tranny

'92 F-150, 5.0L EFI (SD), M5OD Tranny, 3.08 Dif

'70 VW Beetle, 1780cc, twin Solex 43's.

Reply #1
i have a  set of 85 plans if you think it will help -let me know i will copy what you need and send them
                                  rgobble2
:birdsmily:1985thunderchicken with 5.0 and dual pipes and more to come

Reply #2
I think 85 still had the single connector on the cluster, didn't it?  I know someone said that 85 is when they started re-designing the harness in the dash, so dunno if it's close to an 86 or not.  What the heck, can't have too much information.  Send it to the e-mail addy in my profile.  Primarily, I need underdash/pen 15pit wiring schematics.  There's a LOT of difference from 84 to 86 because of the re-design of the cluster as well as a few new bells and whistles.

Thanks
:birdsmily:
(X2) '86 Thunderbird, 3.8L CFI, C5 Tranny

'92 F-150, 5.0L EFI (SD), M5OD Tranny, 3.08 Dif

'70 VW Beetle, 1780cc, twin Solex 43's.