Skip to main content
Topic: Three keys to my car? (Read 654 times) previous topic - next topic

Three keys to my car?

I just bought a 94 cougar. It needs a new Ignition lock. No problem right. But then I noticed that unlike my fox's the door and the ignition are the same key. That means I'll have 3 keys to the car. I know some of the newer fox's are this way with the door key thing. So my question is what can we do to get back to the 2 keys? I did a search but didn't find anything. I know I read about this on here before. I did call a locksmith and he said $30. WTF?  Last time I had some keys made for my 84 T.c. It cost $12 with nothing but a door lock to go by.
84 Turbo coupe 2.3T Modded with 88 upper and lower intake, 88 injectors, E6 manifold, T3-4 AR.60 turbo, 31X12X3 FMIC, Homemade MBC , Greddy knock off BPV.
4 eyes see better than 2! 
Da Bird!

FreeBird

Three keys to my car?

Reply #1
shouldn't it be 1 key for the ignition, doors, and trunk?
RIP 1988 and 1990 Lincoln Mark VII LSC
I welcomed the dark side and currently am driving a 2000 Dodge Durango SLT plus, with a 5.9, Code named project "Night Runner"
Shes black on black, fully loaded, with headers, 180 tstat, e fan, straight exhaust into a cherry bomb vortex ler, full tune up, ported intake and T/B, MSD coil, and round aircleaner.
Mods to come: Fully rebuilt and heavily modded 46RE, and a richmond rachet locker.
my $300 beater ;)
R.I.P Kayleigh Raposa 12/18/90 - 2/24/07

Three keys to my car?

Reply #2
I have two keys,one for the ignition and doors,and one for the trunk and glove box.You can spend the $30.00,or,find someone parting one of these cars out and get the whole set from them.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Three keys to my car?

Reply #3
Edit: never mind, reading ownz me