Skip to main content
Topic: started cleaning up the engine bay (Read 39428 times) previous topic - next topic

started cleaning up the engine bay

Reply #90
Looks cool:D

I still like my stock spinach green full digi dash :hick:
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

Reply #91
Oh wow.. the door panels are a pain in the ass! I don't recommend anyone trying to go through this hassle. But I don't give up.. I'm going to get these door panels to fit and as soon as I am happy with the result, you will see some pictures.

Reply #92
Looks good guys, I have a fox stang dash that I will be using when I get to putting the interior back into the cougar.

Reply #93
Towards the end of last year, I read about a 83' Cobra that a guy put the entire running gear and interior out of a 03' Cobra into it. They grafted part of the firewall into the 83' to make the installation of the A/C\heater suitcase easier. They made custom door panels and said that was a real pain in the butt. That gave me the idea of putting the sn95 dash into my car as well.......Darn it!!!!! You guys beat me to that!! :shoothead Oh well, so be it then, I'll just be know as another copybird, I mean copycat. Now just to sneak that one past the finance manager. :D

86' T/C 4.6L DOHC
16' Chebby Cruze 1.4L Turbo
17’ Peterbilt 389 600hp 1850ftlb Trq 18spd

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Heavy Metal Mistress”
[/COLOR][/SIZE]

Reply #94
But the Mustang dash is so, well, plasticky, for lack of a better term. The design is cool, but if I had to touch it on a daily basis *shudder*.

Reply #95
the pre 01 center console puts the cup holders too close to the shifter for one. it freakin drove me nuts when shifting. the 01-04 center consolemoves the cup holdders back, moves the second 12 source into the storage bin (not sure if thats actually better but whatever), deletes the stupid useless "coing holder" (sort of, i moved my foglight switch to that position), and adds a leather boot for the e-brake lever. upr makes some nice inserts for the cupholders for the later console as well. not sure bout the earlier ones. i think the storage bin was a touch bigger but im not sure. its been awhile since i swapped.

pre 01

01-04

as far as the door pannels, i thought the tbird door handles would clear the dash and function well with the sn95 dash. the fox mustang guys have a problem with the fox door handles intersecting the sn95 dash because they are up so far. the birds/cougars handles are further back. props to you if you can make the sn95 door pannels work and all the ac stuff work.
:america: 1988 Thunderbird Sport, Former 4.6 DOHC T56 conversion project.

Rest of the country, Welcome to Massachusettes. Enjoy your stay.

Halfbreed... Mango Orange Y2K Mustang GT
FRPP complete 2000 Cobra engine swap, T56 n' junk...
~John~

Reply #96
More progress pics !!!!! I love this stuff !!!
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #97
Quote from: 84 Fila;139636
It makes me hate my 84 dash so much more now

I like my 84 dash. Ive driven SN-95 Mustangs. Not a big fan of the dash. I dont mind a dash being more focused on the driver as in angle of things, but I like my stock dash just fine. Mine is mint too haha with an aftermarket dash pad on it since 89 muwahaha.
"Real cars dont power the front wheels, they lift them"
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
1984 Mercury Cougar GS 5.0:cougarsmily: BBK Equal Length Shorties, BBK O/R X-Pipe, Magnaflow Magnapacks, Mustang GT Stainless Tailpipes, 18" Magnaflow Rolled Edge Tips. Turbo Coupe Hood, Mach 1 Chin Spoiler. 17"x9" Cobra R's, Falken Ziex 255/50s, and 245/45s.
1984 Ford Thunderbird 3.8L "Drag Queen"
2009 Dodge Ram 1500 Lone Star Edition 5.7L Hemi 400hp, lex DOD14M Magnaflow retro-fit ler kit

Reply #98
Hmm My But... Im Not Telling Or Showing Any Thing Till Cat Jam 08 ...lets Just Say It Involves A Pink Bunny Suit And A Tub Full Of Peptobismol
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reply #99
here's a pic of the stock panel dyed to match the dash. let me know what you think.

i still need to touch up a few areas and get a replacement carpet patch for the bottom. doesnt look to bad if you ask me.
1979 Ford Fairmont
[/B]
5.0L/4R70W/8.8"/5-lug/3" Exhuast

Reply #100
The door panel matches suprisingly well. That's going to look trick!

How's the dash holding up? And all of the little pieces? Broken many clips? Have any rattles yet? I ask becuase every SN95 I've driven/ridden in (including test driving a new Mach 1) rattled like crazy!

Reply #101
nice.. keep up the good work

what kind of seats you planning on using?

Reply #102
looks good matches nice!
RIP 1988 and 1990 Lincoln Mark VII LSC
I welcomed the dark side and currently am driving a 2000 Dodge Durango SLT plus, with a 5.9, Code named project "Night Runner"
Shes black on black, fully loaded, with headers, 180 tstat, e fan, straight exhaust into a cherry bomb vortex ler, full tune up, ported intake and T/B, MSD coil, and round aircleaner.
Mods to come: Fully rebuilt and heavily modded 46RE, and a richmond rachet locker.
my $300 beater ;)
R.I.P Kayleigh Raposa 12/18/90 - 2/24/07

Reply #103
I'm going to do some door panel work.How hard do you think it would be to replace the carpet on the panel making it conform to the shape.My panels are like yours.I had bought some grey TC panels,but actually,I don't like them.You did some very nice work so far.Thanks for the motivation.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #104
cool, they do look decent. thats awesome! congrats... they work as well as i thought they would so im stoked for ya. my plan was to cut back where the map pocket was, build an enclosure for a 6.9 so it was tight to the door, but tilted up and back then carpeted again to match.

the sn95 stang door pannels (like baxo is finding out) are a royal pain in the jock. they mount entirely different. i wasnt going to get into that. they sure will be sick in there though.

How's the dash holding up? And all of the little pieces? Broken many clips? Have any rattles yet? I ask becuase every SN95 I've driven/ridden in (including test driving a new Mach 1) rattled like crazy
mine is tight and makes 0 rattles or squeeks. the only weird interior noise i get is from the shaker gasket wiggling the hood.
:america: 1988 Thunderbird Sport, Former 4.6 DOHC T56 conversion project.

Rest of the country, Welcome to Massachusettes. Enjoy your stay.

Halfbreed... Mango Orange Y2K Mustang GT
FRPP complete 2000 Cobra engine swap, T56 n' junk...
~John~