Skip to main content
Topic: POS Heater Hose Tee (Read 1315 times) previous topic - next topic

POS Heater Hose Tee

I have replaced that stupid heater hose tee twice in 2 months. It left me stranded on the highway this week. I have a spare but had to empty the truck to make space for the new high chair and car seat we brought home. Not to mention it was blistery cold.

Someone called the police and said there was a vehicle fire because of the steam let off by the antifreeze hosing off my engine bay. I made it on the rush hour radio during the traffic report and had a couple state troopers and fire trucks to waste their time behind $10 of antifreeze and a $4 part. My wife got a kick out of that one.:shakeass:

I swear I saw a brass version somewhere but can't remember. That stupid plastic is worthless.

Anybody have any ways around this?

FYI: The heater hose tee branches off of the right side heater hose to send coolant to this little hose that runs through the EGR valve.

Autozone told my wife it doesn't exist. I beg to differ.

Pepboys ROCKS!!!:bowdown:

POS Heater Hose Tee

Reply #1
Double post. Not trying to be an ass bud. Mods close please?

POS Heater Hose Tee

Reply #2
Just go to a hardware store and get a brass (or steel) tee with 5/8" nipples.

If I was at home, I'd offer you one of the brass heavy tees I have, it's a female tee with 1/2" NPT fittings, you'd just have to add three 5/8" nipple x 1/2" NPT fittings. Unfortunately I won't be home for a few weeks.

Garrett H.
'94 F250 XLT- 4x4, 5 speed, 7.3 IDI Turbo Diesel, 4" intake, 4" exhaust, 5" turnout stacks, manual hubs, etc.
'87 Thunderbird Turbo Coupe
Engine, wheels, tires, etc!
Exhaust sound clip
Another clip

POS Heater Hose Tee

Reply #3
Thats weird. Fixed it lol.

POS Heater Hose Tee

Reply #4
Sweet.

Thanks a bunch.

POS Heater Hose Tee

Reply #5
Oops, rather than all 5/8" nipples...you'll want 5/8" on the in and out and then whatever size the EGR hose needs coming off the side (I dunno what)

Garrett H.
'94 F250 XLT- 4x4, 5 speed, 7.3 IDI Turbo Diesel, 4" intake, 4" exhaust, 5" turnout stacks, manual hubs, etc.
Exhaust sound clip
Another clip

POS Heater Hose Tee

Reply #6
For some reason my hose is 3/4". Should I switch up? I have plenty spare hose.

POS Heater Hose Tee

Reply #7
I thought factory heater hoses were 5/8". Well, whatever size you need.

Garrett H.
Exhaust sound clip
Another clip

POS Heater Hose Tee

Reply #8
There have been many backyard mechanics working on this cougar. i found a vacuum hose the other day that was cut (can't find what from) and sealed with a screw. Amongst other things. I just have to go piece by piece until she is all fixed up. I want to get her back to stock specs before beefing anything up.

POS Heater Hose Tee

Reply #9
IF yours is a 5.0, I may be able to help with some of the " where did that go" questions. Also if it's CFI I can probaly help. As for the heater hose t, I just pulled the EGR spacer and ran the heater hose without one. Now this was before I went 4 barrel and it wasn't drove for very long so I really have no hard data on it.

POS Heater Hose Tee

Reply #10
I've had plastic heater hose elbows just downright explode on me at idle.  I left the car to cool down idling for a few seconds and walked a few feet away in the parking lot to my friend's car only to hear the car start running bad and look to see a huge mushroom cloud of steam above it.
Long time Turboford freak...
84 SVO
88 TC
87 XR4Ti

POS Heater Hose Tee

Reply #11
I'm sooo nervous to let the temp gauge get halfway now cuz I think that thing is gonna blow. I'm gonna make a run to PepBoys today to find a brass tee or maybe even Home Depot. I reduced the amount of coolant for the time being hoping that would reduce pressure or something. The car doesn't overheat or anything so I'm guessing it is safe for the short term.