Skip to main content
Topic: Would this look good on a 87 LX? (Read 2943 times) previous topic - next topic

Would this look good on a 87 LX?

50% tint, black paint above moulding, red paint below the moulding , and a red line in the center of the moulding?
# 38 -Cherry pearl and atop the moulding black and chrome door handles ant. ect

Re: Would this look good on a 87 LX?

Reply #1
A little too bland for a red stripe, I tend to think.. but all that really matters is what you think of it on your car.

Reply #2
yeah, i just wanted a second opinion hell, ill stick with the chrome ;) i need a little bit of an accent besides red and black ;) i might go darker on the red.... never know aztec bronze maybe?

Reply #3
Personally, if I ever had another black car, I would put a green, blue, or even purple accent color on it for a change. My last black car had a single small reflective red pinstripe on it. It was alright, but I'd like to see something different.

Reply #4
On my ride where the red moulding stripe way i masked it of and painted it with duplicolor mystic colorchanging paint that goes from dark purple to dark green.
Even looks black to match the car at night,looks awsome in the sun.
At every corner the stripe is a different shade.
Checkout there website the make about 5 different color shifts for about 35cdn you can do the entire stripe.
Unfortunatley it doesn't show up to well in pics but there site shoul reflect the results you'll get

Reply #5
Maybe it is just my computer but #37 cherry pearl looks kinda pink/purple. Also I am assuming you have a red interior. I would go with a dark red on the bottom and for the line in the trim I would go with a blue. Also about the tint, if you are going to pay to have it done I would go darker than 50%. My friend has 20% on his car, but that is pretty dark. If I ever got mine done I would probably go with a 30%.

Reply #6
I wouldn't, but I can't stand dark tint.. especially at night.

Reply #7
Lowcat- nah i have a gray/blue/wood grain intirior.... i Just like the look of red and black....with the tint it would make the interior look darker so WHEN i get it all spruced up it will be nice....

Bird351- thats the reason why they invented headlights j/k :giggle:  :grinno:   

red,black,and chrome  :evilgrin:  what a great combo ;) :ies:

Reply #8
Headlights wouldn't help ya if you're backing up out of a dark yard or driveway late at night and ran something over because you couldn't really see it through the dark tint.

And no, I don't have personal experience with it, (backing over stuff due to not being able to see) fortunately.

Reply #9
35% is the legal limit here in MD, and thats dark enough to make it harder to see in, but not too dark to not see out
It's Gumby's fault.

Reply #10
yea i dunno that a few year into the future tho... i need to save money before i can get it done.... hopefully the engine comes first....my cousin jesse said it would cost me about 1500 to get it painted at his shop... but i would have to go search for the parts....mouldings, decklid, doors so its about a 3000 dollar job....i dunno i might change my mind between now and then

Reply #11
I like my car, but I don't think I would spend $3000 on it. I would use the $3000 to buy a cougar or t-bird in better shape. Hell, for $3000 you could probably buy one with a H.O conversion already done. That is if you could find one with the H.O transplant for sale.

Reply #12
Ya know i've seen a few of those for sale up here and either nobody wants them or the guys are asking to much.
When i bought my stock TC for 2200 there was a guy selling an already converted TC for 3700 and it was in the trader for months with no bites.
If you ever go to turbocoupe.org and tell them you converted your tc to a 5.0 especially a low mileage on like mine they'll tar,feather burn and then shoot you.

Reply #13
eh i want mine to last.... it has alot of sedimental value (plus if i build the engine i want ill want the car to last along with the engine)

there are a lot of "wants" in my life arent there?