Skip to main content
Topic: No speedo,dash clock,or radio?? 86' T-bird (Read 1630 times) previous topic - next topic

No speedo,dash clock,or radio?? 86' T-bird

I have had a problem with the speedo. light not working sometimes, but suddenly I have no speedo. reading at all. And when it quit working the digital dash clock also stopped working. The crazy thing is the radio also took a ! It is stuck on A.M. & it wont scan through any radio stations.

Reply #1
My speedo in the '88,along with the clock and dash light quit on me.I found out the hard way Friday that it was the ignition switch.Now it doesn't matter,I'm stripping the car down.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #2
Or maybe the fuse number 13 (5 amps) in a fuse box???

Regards,

Dom.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]1985 Thunderbird 3.8 carbed 57k original, summer car.
1980 Econoline inline 6 300ci 300k, winter/working.
1988 Base Bird finally crushed... RIP.

Dominique,  The Ridiculous, Fordus, crazyous!!!  :birdsmily:

Reply #3
It's not the fuse. I'm going to change the ignition switch when I figure out where I put the extra one.

Reply #4
actually thats good that its stuck on AM band.

If you wanna do a wiggle test for intermittant connections, Having the radio set on AM will help cause it will pick up crackel and pops in your chassis wiring.

thats probably what it is, intermittant connection.

there are two connectors on the rear of the cluster, if you have had the cluster out once,, maybe one or the other is backing off.

Reply #5
, your good!! I had it apart last week to fix the speedo. bulb's. So, your probably right. I replaced 6 of the cluster bulbs with blue lights and it looked good until the numbers disappeard. The blue light sort of looks like the light on an Indiglo watch. They also cost half the price of clear bulbs, but I figure they will have half the life of the clear bulbs.

Reply #6
Quote from: dw43935;129842
, your good!! I had it apart last week to fix the speedo. .

huuuuu???????????????
and you didnt find this important enough to mention on the first post,,:beatyoass: :D
Imagine the difference in replies if you had:flame: :D

kiddng,, but still,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,DETAILS<<<<<<<<< HELP ALOT.

Reply #7
Sometimes I have a hard time accepting the fact that I might have caused the problem. But, you got me!

Reply #8
Well,did that fix your problem?We need conclusions to the stories !!!
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #9
Haven't had the chance to tear into yet. Planning on doing it Saturday. I'll be sure to let you know.

Reply #10
I tore it all apart again and jcassity is the winner! It must have been a bad connection. I unplugged both connectors, plugged them back in, making sure they were in tight, and I once again can tell how fast I'm going. I'm still not sure if that was the problem with the radio or not. I just figured it was a perfect time to buy a new cd player. Thank's alot guy's.:D