Skip to main content
Topic: Engine swapping (Read 775 times) previous topic - next topic

Engine swapping

Thanks for that info i do have the original 5.0 fuel injected engine but it is blown and have been offered a carbuerated engine and was also wondering if i would have everything on my engine to convert the other one to be fuel injected?

Engine swapping

Reply #1
Computer, Fuel Rail, Upper and lower intake, injectors, complete wire harness, 40+ psi fuel pressure, IAC, TB...

I think I got most of it.
1987 Cougar XR7 5.0 SOLD
1992 Ranger 4.0
2018 Hyundai Elantra
2019 Ram Rebel

Engine swapping

Reply #2
On the off chance, do you mean SEFI or CFI? IF it's CFI you need a 2 barrel intake, the CFI itself, computer and harness.

engine swapping

Reply #3
Thanks for that info i do have the original 5.0 fuel injected engine but it is blown and have been offered a carbuerated engine and was also wondering if i would have everything on my engine to convert the other one to be fuel injected?

Engine swapping

Reply #4
so your 87 5.0 has blown,, and your gonna use a donor carb engine.

what is the casting number on the engine,,? 
i would only use the short block and keep your good heads unless the one your getting its better.

consider the differences in your cam as well being roller now, swapping to non roller.

Engine swapping

Reply #5
If you use your accessories,you'll need to swap the water pump,and the timing cover.I had a carbed engine that I put my EFI on,and had a serious idle problem due to the cam.Also,the harmoic balancer was different.If you can find a roller engine,use it.If you're not going to H.O power right now,grab one from a Crown Vic or something.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..