Skip to main content
Topic: It's good to live in the south! (Read 2323 times) previous topic - next topic

It's good to live in the south!

Right now it's 70 degrees and sunny outside:D

I think I'll flush my radiator and finally change my stuck open thermostat...

Just thought I'd share:flip:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
86 5.0 Turbocoupe (Katrina), 87 5.0 Sport (Rita)

Reply #1
It was 25 yesterday, and now it's 51. WTF?
1988 Thunderbird Sport (1st car)
351W in the works
"I'll get it one piece at a time...":D

Quote from: bhazard;300566
You got woman'd.

Reply #2
Was 12 yesterday, now it's......... 12.
2005 Subaru WRX STi|daily driver

Reply #3
It was 7* not including the windchill when I left the house this morning.

Oh well, I'll be in Florida at the end of next week so I'll get some break from the cold.

Reply #4
It was 3* yesterday...now it's 15*....with 7-8" snow....
Long live the 4-eyes!  - '83 Tbird Turbo - '85 Marquis LTS - '86 LTD Wagon

Reply #5
:evilgrin: :evilgrin:http://www.weather.com/weather/local/33436?from=recentsearch :iagree: :stupid: :D
there's only about a half a dozen man made objects that are herd by the human ear below 40Hz,a pipe organ,thunder,the space shuttle lifting off,a jet airplane taking off or landing,a large canon,an atomic bomb ignited in your back yard and the heat wave afterward oh wait you would be dead so you would'nt hear it scratch that!,and maybe beating your hear against a wall less then 40 times a second..rap music is'nt one of them!thats 40-60Hz@100+db the moving air is under 40Hz

Reply #6
40 today and i was rolling around with my windows down like it was summer( had the heat on too ;) ) Felt like summer after all we've had were low 20's and under the last week or so
1986 Cougar LS

Reply #7
Hey Scott, you oughta stop back by sometime.  No one bought my Tbird so I guess we should make a flock out of our Birds and go cruise in this nice weather. :D  I gotta get mine tagged and inspected though, it's tough to take off work for that kinda .  :)  Probably do it next week.

Later-
1984 Thunderbird V8

Reply #8
Quote from: Dogcharmer;127954
Right now it's 70 degrees and sunny outside:D

I think I'll flush my radiator and finally change my stuck open thermostat...

Just thought I'd share:flip:

COME HERE SO I CAN STRANGLE YOU!!!!!!!! GYAHHHHH AHRGGHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

seriously one more LAME, SNOW-LESS winter and ill stab myself. i really love winter when theres lots of snow but how its been going i wish it was summer again.

and to be honest REGARDLESS, in the last couple of years, since ive become such a car-guy, winter just flat-out sucks no matter what. technically no snow at all would be best.

moral of the story--the northeast is no place for a car guy.:( :punchballs:
1987 20th Anniversary Cougar, 302 "5.0" GT-40 heads (F3ZE '93 Cobra) and TMoss Ported H.O. intake, H.O. camshaft
2.5" Duals, no cats, Flowmaster 40s, Richmond 3.73s w/ Trac-Lok, maxed out Baumann shift kit, 3000 RPM Dirty Dog non-lock TC
Aside from the Mustang crinkle headers, still looks like it's only 150 HP...
1988 Black XR7 Trick Flow top end, Tremec 3550
1988 Black XR7 Procharger P600B intercooled, Edelbrock Performer non-RPM heads, GT40 intake AOD, 13 PSI @5000 RPM. 93 octane

Reply #9
:iagree: IT SUCKS up here 18 out right now without windchill. Can't do anything, thank god i can get my car done in the summer on on the road, before i get my license.
RIP 1988 and 1990 Lincoln Mark VII LSC
I welcomed the dark side and currently am driving a 2000 Dodge Durango SLT plus, with a 5.9, Code named project "Night Runner"
Shes black on black, fully loaded, with headers, 180 tstat, e fan, straight exhaust into a cherry bomb vortex ler, full tune up, ported intake and T/B, MSD coil, and round aircleaner.
Mods to come: Fully rebuilt and heavily modded 46RE, and a richmond rachet locker.
my $300 beater ;)
R.I.P Kayleigh Raposa 12/18/90 - 2/24/07

Reply #11
We hit 72 today.I ended up having to replace our dishwasher,and some of the water lines under the kitchen sink.My one freaking day off,wanting to work on the Project car,and I spent the day with my haed under the  kitchen sink.Holy  !!! I'm praying for a good Saturday so I can swap the engine into the project car.I do feel sory for you guys who are having wicked cold temps.move to Oklahoma.winter doesn't last long at all.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #12
Quote from: daboss351;127983
thank god i can get my car done in the summer on on the road, before i get my license.

Thats what I thought too... yeah fuggin right. I was still droppin gastanks in the snow! and I took my car to the shop to get stupid little gremlins worked out of it.. the day I got my license.

Reply #13
My thermostat is stuck shut these days, mainly because the engine cannot build enough heat to open it, even with the rad behind 1" of Styrofoam.  -36* right now, without that wind chill bs.

Here is a picture of the road into Thompson as of this morning.  And another pic of a tractor plowing a driveway in these parts.

Reply #14
my car runs and drives the way it sits, passes inspection too:flip: it just could use new rear gears (4.10's suck on gas, and are to easy to get in trouble with), aftermarket electric fuel pump is dieing so it needs a new one soon, tune up, all the fluids are gonna be changed, and the underside is gonna be undercoated, and the motor re painted. i have till october, so i got awhile.
RIP 1988 and 1990 Lincoln Mark VII LSC
I welcomed the dark side and currently am driving a 2000 Dodge Durango SLT plus, with a 5.9, Code named project "Night Runner"
Shes black on black, fully loaded, with headers, 180 tstat, e fan, straight exhaust into a cherry bomb vortex ler, full tune up, ported intake and T/B, MSD coil, and round aircleaner.
Mods to come: Fully rebuilt and heavily modded 46RE, and a richmond rachet locker.
my $300 beater ;)
R.I.P Kayleigh Raposa 12/18/90 - 2/24/07