Skip to main content
Topic: underdrive pullies (Read 834 times) previous topic - next topic

underdrive pullies

will underdrive pullies made for mustangs work on a 88 tbird?
1988 LX coupe. a dressed up motor with full exhaust and BBK shorties with flowmasters, BBK CAI, accufab 65mm tb, HO upper intake, cobra valve covers.

underdrive pullies

Reply #1
Yes they will and i have a set of hawk underdrives if your interested.
Powdercoated black,water pump,alternator and crank pulley,not sure but i may even have the belt for it.
Problem is there at my rents place and i'm not sure when i'll get there,possibly this weekend.
If so i can let ya have them for like 35 bucks plus shipping,without the belt or if i have the belt 50 + shipping(belt is almost new).
Went supercharged and had to go back to stock pullies.

underdrive pullies

Reply #2
ok, thanks. but i dont need them now, its just for future refrence. im writting out the set up i want and i just needed to know. but if you still have those pullies in a couple weeks, i would like to buy them if i could.
1988 LX coupe. a dressed up motor with full exhaust and BBK shorties with flowmasters, BBK CAI, accufab 65mm tb, HO upper intake, cobra valve covers.

underdrive pullies

Reply #3
Dont work. Theyre for mustangs, not thunderbirds.
It's Gumby's fault.

underdrive pullies

Reply #4
Quote from: Tbird232ci;127265
Dont work. Theyre for mustangs, not thunderbirds.

That's odd... I've been running a set of cheapo BBK underdrives on my 87 SO for years.

Mustang underdrive pullies will work fine.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
86 5.0 Turbocoupe (Katrina), 87 5.0 Sport (Rita)

underdrive pullies

Reply #5
They work he's just messing around saying don't use mustang parts on a bird.

underdrive pullies

Reply #6
They'll work,just like the other's said.I've got all Mustang parts under the hood......except for the Explorer intake.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..