Skip to main content
Topic: 2008 Thundercats Calendar - Now Available to Forum Members! (Read 27860 times) previous topic - next topic

2008 Thundercats Calendar - Now Available to Forum Members!

Reply #240
If it aint one thing, it's another.....
-- 05 Mustang GT-Whipplecharged !!
--87 5.0 Trick Flow Heads & Intake - Custom Cam - Many other goodies...3100Lbs...Low12's!

Reply #241
Quote from: grutinator;194003
thats pretty homo. i know ford got all upity about people using the mustang symbol not too long ago. ford kinda put the bird/cats ont he back burner to the mustangs, but i still bet they'd crack down if they saw a t-bird emblem on anything they can get money for. how hard is it to get permission to use those emblems?

it's not just ford.  chevy rescinded the licensing on the bowtie badges.  you used to be able to get it almost anywhere, but now the only people who have it are the ones that bought it in bulk before the decision was made.
91 ranger 2.3 turbo - nowhere near stock
87 thunderbird turbocoupe
06 pontiac g6 gt
:birdsmily:

Reply #242
Its stupid, ford should use the better discression here and let it slide. Matter a fact I’m pretty sure if you call ford though I don’t know who to call maybe someone in customer relations or something I’m sure they would let it slide due to the fact that in deed this is good for business and in every way could only help them and not heart them its free advertisp00get.

Anybody in the autoline or work for ford or knows someone that can reach out for permission. It might be to-late for this one or carepress don’t want to bothered right now but for next year it might help and we could show them the last 2 years of calendars in how professional they are.

Reply #243
Well it's not Ford's decision at this point, it's cafepress' policy. We shall see what they say. They flagged all my images, including the cover page which doesn't have a logo on it (and all the ones from last year as well), and I can't do anything until they release them.
2005 Subaru WRX STi|daily driver

Reply #244
Quote from: grutinator;194003
how hard is it to get permission to use those emblems?

I know some Ford people (they are one of our clients) so I may ask them for some guidance.

Reply #245
 copy right infringments i mean come on both the tbird and cougar are both discontiued so i dont see the big deal what if we altered the logos slightly
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reply #246
Antonio, if you need a contact at OGC let me know, however I suspect it is as you said, a cafepress generic policy to CYA, a phone call or email from a ogc representative may not even be enough, is there an alternative that anyone is aware of? iphoto calendars linked to a paypal account or something similar? We all would hope that all of your hard work would not be in vain!

Greg

Reply #247
Quote from: gunkel04;194476
Antonio, if you need a contact at OGC let me know, however I suspect it is as you said, a cafepress generic policy to CYA, a phone call or email from a ogc representative may not even be enough, is there an alternative that anyone is aware of? iphoto calendars linked to a paypal account or something similar? We all would hope that all of your hard work would not be in vain!

Greg

Sweet. Email sent.

Reply #248
Email replied. Let me know if you need to go further up the chain...

Reply #249
I was browsing around and I just noticed this... thanks for including my car on the cover. :)

Reply #250
Less than 36 hours.....Any word?
-- 05 Mustang GT-Whipplecharged !!
--87 5.0 Trick Flow Heads & Intake - Custom Cam - Many other goodies...3100Lbs...Low12's!

Reply #251
It's up... not sure for how long though. They are on sale for $19.99 (reg. $21.99) for now until I can get some final answers from cafepress.
http://www.cafepress.com/cp/prod.aspx?p=etherspot.202361600

Reply #252
Is this a stripped down version, or the version you wanted to put out?

Reply #253
snagged my two while they are up. preview looks great either way, antonio! :bowdown:
gumby - beauty may fade, but stupid is forever!

Reply #254
Quote from: JeremyB;195086
Is this a stripped down version, or the version you wanted to put out?

The cougar/tbird logos have been removed... other than that, they are the same.