Skip to main content
Topic: got the k-member swapped in today (Read 2638 times) previous topic - next topic

got the k-member swapped in today

it's an AJE piece made for a fox with a 4.6L. ;)

it fit pretty well, but i for some reason the steering shaft hole wouldnt line up with the hole on the column. so i drilled another hole. :beatyoass:
1979 Ford Fairmont
[/B]
5.0L/4R70W/8.8"/5-lug/3" Exhuast

Reply #1
Looking to move up the Top25 list? What 4.6 is going in? An 03-04 Cobra swap would be really nice.
Jim

Reply #2
Quote from: thundr306;126738
Looking to move up the Top25 list? What 4.6 is going in? An 03-04 Cobra swap would be really nice.
Jim

WHAA??? im #1 with my uber quick 13.5 LOL!

no '03/04 cobra motor. 95 teksid block, 01 cobra heads and cams, cast mark viii crank, mach 1 pistons and rods, sullivan intake, MSD mod controller, 150 shot, and a 750 double pumper. :tg:
1979 Ford Fairmont
[/B]

Reply #3
Yea, I realized that after I wrote it. LOL

Sounds killer. Are you going to use the MSD ignition controller?

Reply #4
Quote from: thundr306;126748
Yea, I realized that after I wrote it. LOL

Sounds killer. Are you going to use the MSD ignition controller?

yessir
1979 Ford Fairmont
[/B]

Reply #5
Carbed, huh? That will be interesting, I've never seen a 4.6 with a carb on top. Is that Sullivan intake a custom piece or is it mass produced? You don't have any engine pics right now do you?
GT40p 5.0 w/ vortech @ 9.5psi, 400rwhp

Reply #6
this is where im getting the intake:  http://www.sullivanperformance.com

here is a pic of my motor right now:

1979 Ford Fairmont
[/B]

Reply #7
Cool !!!! My buddy is going to put a 96 Cobra motor in his 88 "mustang". How much does one of those cost,Part #. If people keep building stuff like this It will be hard for me to keep up.
 Oh well we are the top three as of now. And keep up the good work.
1987 T-bird SportCoupe,302,5spd,8.8,3.27s,pbr brakes,spindles,2003 rear,18inch 06 gt rims!!!!:evilgrin:
2006 Gt Mustang,3v,5spd,8.8,3.55s,GT500rims.
1990 T-bird LX,3.8,aod,loaded,stock!!
1999 Trailblazer(wifes rig)

Reply #8
That would greatly simplify my DOHC swap  :grinno: Are you going to get the hydro boost setup or are you going with manual brakes?? Lets compare notes :D

I just went to the MSD website.......HOT D@#@@M!! Here we go carbin  :shakeass:  Thanks for the tip on the controller

86' T/C 4.6L DOHC
16' Chebby Cruze 1.4L Turbo
17’ Peterbilt 389 600hp 1850ftlb Trq 18spd

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Heavy Metal Mistress”
[/COLOR][/SIZE]

Reply #9
Pretty cool stuff. I had thought about a modular motor in my 460 TC so I could run the Modular class at mustang events. They pay out really well now. I'll be watching your progress. :birdsmily:
Alan Mackin--Semi Professional Ford der
83 T-Bird 460
83 T-Bird Heritage 5.0
84 T-Bird 5.0
86 T-Bird Turbo Coupe NHRA Stocker & Super Stocker
87 T-Bird Turbo Coupe
88 Bronco II Drag truck 302
95 Mustang GT auto
2004 F-350 CC Dually V-10

Reply #10
i got the k-member and bolt-on spring perches for $375 shipped through a local AJE dealer. i have about 80% of a complete hydro boost system, but debating on using manual brakes instead.

if all goes as plans(and funds are there), i should have it together no later than this summer.
1979 Ford Fairmont
[/B]

Reply #11
cool. why the mach 1 pistons and rods though? if you are going through the hassle of swapping them then id buck up and get some decent peices instead of powder metal ones. they are basicly the same as the mark vii and na cobra ones.

if the car is street driven id realy wouldnt even consider manual brakes. most guys that do end up switching to hydroboost later on and its alot harder at that point.

i wish i didnt bail on mine but its gonna be sweet seeing some of these done finally. i was 99% ready for assembly.

nice price on the k member & purches as well. id consider having them welded eventually. i was going to anyway. i was going to powdercaot mine sourapple green lol.
:america: 1988 Thunderbird Sport, Former 4.6 DOHC T56 conversion project.

Rest of the country, Welcome to Massachusettes. Enjoy your stay.

Halfbreed... Mango Orange Y2K Mustang GT
FRPP complete 2000 Cobra engine swap, T56 n' junk...
~John~

Reply #12
Awesome work !!! I plan on going with a 351W late this year or early next year.Your kind of work insopires me to get my pieces together and get building.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #13
5ohbird, I just got off the phone with MSD Tech. Are you going to switch to a C.O.P. setup?? I guess I'll be doing that swap in order to run that Ignition controller. I downloaded their info and diagram for it and it's rather cool.  Just thought I'd ask.

John

86' T/C 4.6L DOHC
16' Chebby Cruze 1.4L Turbo
17’ Peterbilt 389 600hp 1850ftlb Trq 18spd

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Heavy Metal Mistress”
[/COLOR][/SIZE]

Reply #14
told my dad about 5 months ago im going to swap a 4.6 4v in a fox Bird or Cat one day.... sprayed and blown

nice work cant wait to see it done
1986 Cougar LS