Skip to main content
Topic: side marker lights (Read 836 times) previous topic - next topic

side marker lights

I have seen some photos of 1988 Cougars with side marker lights in the trim, and others without them.  Examples of each can be seen here:

http://www.coolcats.net/fox/1988.html

Were these side marker lights an option?
Robert

- too many '80s Capris and mid-'70s Cougars

side marker lights

Reply #1
Yes,they are part of the light group.It gave you lighted visors,lighted door entry locks,when you lifted the door handle from the outside,the interior dome light would come on,auto dim headlights,auto lights (the headlights could turn themselves on and off depending on light conditions.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

side marker lights

Reply #2
Thanks for the info.
Robert

- too many '80s Capris and mid-'70s Cougars

side marker lights

Reply #3
No problem,that's why we're all here.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

side marker lights

Reply #4
Cornering lamps are probably the most usefull option on a loaded Bird/Cat. It may be the thing I miss most, when driving another car. Well, at night, anyway.

side marker lights

Reply #5
Agreed.

side marker lights

Reply #6
yeh my car ace with them originally... im actually going to get rid of them b/c to me its a pain in the ass to replace them..  i do remmber when they still worked tho, really nice.  it was like a freakin headlight for turning.