Skip to main content
Topic: Look what I get to work on (Read 5733 times) previous topic - next topic

Look what I get to work on

Reply #45
I love the way older cars are put together.  Unbolt fenders, unbolt hood, unbolt radiator support... BAM there's the frame!

Reply #46
Hell yeah brian! This was the easiest thing ive ever taken apart. The trim around the windows tho... thats a betch.

But its gonna look great when shot with black.

Thanks for all the great comments guys.

Reply #47
Update.. she not so rusty lookin now.

Reply #48
good work man, i hate body work!
RIP 1988 and 1990 Lincoln Mark VII LSC
I welcomed the dark side and currently am driving a 2000 Dodge Durango SLT plus, with a 5.9, Code named project "Night Runner"
Shes black on black, fully loaded, with headers, 180 tstat, e fan, straight exhaust into a cherry bomb vortex ler, full tune up, ported intake and T/B, MSD coil, and round aircleaner.
Mods to come: Fully rebuilt and heavily modded 46RE, and a richmond rachet locker.
my $300 beater ;)
R.I.P Kayleigh Raposa 12/18/90 - 2/24/07

Reply #49
You wana do my bodywork next...... Please?

Reply #50
pay me.

Reply #51
lol your a bit far away, and i got my dads old friend, been doing painting for a long time, im getting all ppg at wholesale prices, and its only gonna cost me a few hundred cause im a friend. hehehe
I welcomed the dark side and currently am driving a 2000 Dodge Durango SLT plus, with a 5.9, Code named project "Night Runner"
Shes black on black, fully loaded, with headers, 180 tstat, e fan, straight exhaust into a cherry bomb vortex ler, full tune up, ported intake and T/B, MSD coil, and round aircleaner.
Mods to come: Fully rebuilt and heavily modded 46RE, and a richmond rachet locker.
my $300 beater ;)

Reply #52
Just a small update

I got the cars nose half way put back together.. im waiting for the hood and spring break to dick with the rest of it.. sooo much sanding... so little time :(  but its starting to look decent now.

Whatcha think?

Reply #53
its coming along nicely, first time ive ever seen a nova of that body style
my $300 beater ;)

Reply #54
this car as with my tbird, a unicorn to behold around town.

we have the only ones he has the nova and I have the bird.. no one else has a nova or a bird half as nice as mine around here.

Driveways' startin to look like a carlot.. 7 cars 2 that are in proper working order tagged and insured.

Reply #55
a lil updater.

After this.. I have one thing to say...

I hate Fiberglass.

Reply #56
Quote from: daboss351;132438
im getting all ppg at wholesale prices, and its only gonna cost me a few hundred cause im a friend. hehehe

PPG only costs a few hundred bucks. Not to be mean but it isnt exactly expensive stuff. I use Dupont, works like a charm.
"Real cars dont power the front wheels, they lift them"
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
1984 Mercury Cougar GS 5.0:cougarsmily: BBK Equal Length Shorties, BBK O/R X-Pipe, Magnaflow Magnapacks, Mustang GT Stainless Tailpipes, 18" Magnaflow Rolled Edge Tips. Turbo Coupe Hood, Mach 1 Chin Spoiler. 17"x9" Cobra R's, Falken Ziex 255/50s, and 245/45s.
1984 Ford Thunderbird 3.8L "Drag Queen"
2009 Dodge Ram 1500 Lone Star Edition 5.7L Hemi 400hp, lex DOD14M Magnaflow retro-fit ler kit

Reply #57
I'll join you on the Fiberglass bandwagon. I'll get pics up of what Im doing at work. A 72 Chevy C10. Floorpans, Rocker Panels, Cab Corners and Doors. You wanna see some places that suck with Fiberglass you just wait.

Looks like you had to use quite a bit of spot putty on that Dr. side rear quarter. Good man edging out fenders haha.
"Real cars dont power the front wheels, they lift them"
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
1984 Mercury Cougar GS 5.0:cougarsmily: BBK Equal Length Shorties, BBK O/R X-Pipe, Magnaflow Magnapacks, Mustang GT Stainless Tailpipes, 18" Magnaflow Rolled Edge Tips. Turbo Coupe Hood, Mach 1 Chin Spoiler. 17"x9" Cobra R's, Falken Ziex 255/50s, and 245/45s.
1984 Ford Thunderbird 3.8L "Drag Queen"
2009 Dodge Ram 1500 Lone Star Edition 5.7L Hemi 400hp, lex DOD14M Magnaflow retro-fit ler kit

Reply #58
A rattle can primer job.That really says "Chevy Nova".LOL.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #59
yea but i can get the ppg paint from a friend who will paint my cars for me, hes a family friend, does ok work. The lincoln needs a body job, but the motor inside and underside comes WAY before paint.
my $300 beater ;)