Skip to main content
Topic: Tesla's lost inverntions (Read 2022 times) previous topic - next topic

Tesla's lost inverntions

http://www.frank.germano.com/lostinventions.htm
makes sure that you check out the rotory motor that he developed. I think that thunderchicken in particular would find this interesting
Quote from: jcassity
I honestly dont think you could exceed the cost of a new car buy installing new *stock* parts everywhere in your coug our tbird. Its just plain impossible. You could revamp the entire drivetrain/engine/suspenstion and still come out ahead.
Hooligans! 
1988 Crown Vic wagon. 120K California car. Wifes grocery getter. (junked)
1987 Ford Thunderbird LX. 5.0. s.o., sn-95 t-5 and an f-150 clutch. Driven daily and going strong.
1986 cougar.
lilsammywasapunkrocker@yahoo.com

Re: Tesla's lost inverntions

Reply #1
I've always been a fan of Tesla, both the rock band and the inventor :D

That is a very interesting article. I must read the whole thing when I've got the time, but that engine he invented is quite something - 110 horsepower from an engine 10" in diameter with only one moving part!
2015 Mustang GT Premium - 5.0, 6-speed, Guard Green - too much awesome for one car

1988 5.0 Thunderbird :birdsmily: SOLD SEPT 11 2010: TC front clip/hood ♣ Body & paint completed Oct 2007 ♣ 3.55 TC rear end and front brakes ♣ TC interior ♣ CHE rear control arms (adjustable lowers) ♣ 2001 Bullitt springs ♣ Energy suspension poly busings ♣ Kenne Brown subframe connectors ♣ CWE engine mounts ♣ Thundercat sequential turn signals ♣ Explorer overhead console (temp/compass display) ♣ 2.25" off-road dual exhaust ♣ T-5 transmission swap completed Jan 2009 ♣

Reply #2
Might be interesting to try and build one, although I'd have no idea how to go about such a thing.

Saying Tesla was a genius is like saying the Atlantic Ocean is a bit moist. It's a shame that he isn't talked about as much as Edison, who by all accounts I've seen was more jerk than genius. (we hear a lot about Edison down here because his winter home is about 30 miles away)

Reply #3
I've heard a lot of things about Edison that would suggest he could be a real assclown.  He is the one that put Tesla out of business and caused him to die penniless.  But Tesla's idea of alternating current, as we all know, eventually won out over Edison's direct current method of delivering electricity to homes and businesses.  To this day, though, a device that converts from AC to DC is called a "rectifier" by some people.  Edison coined the term because he saw the device as "fixing" AC by converting it to DC.
-Jim
1987 Cougar LS 5.0

Reply #4
I can't remember what class it was in, but I too heard that Edison was a prick.  He used his money and power to make it so that no one else would get recognition for new ideas, etc.  Asshat.

Reply #5
you also have to take into account that that motor that he made was probably all cast iron parts. I couldnt see anythng tesla made to go above 30,000rpm's be limited by anything other then forgeing technology. I also find it ineresting that it will run on virtially anything, steam gas and the like
Quote from: jcassity
I honestly dont think you could exceed the cost of a new car buy installing new *stock* parts everywhere in your coug our tbird. Its just plain impossible. You could revamp the entire drivetrain/engine/suspenstion and still come out ahead.
Hooligans! 
1988 Crown Vic wagon. 120K California car. Wifes grocery getter. (junked)
1987 Ford Thunderbird LX. 5.0. s.o., sn-95 t-5 and an f-150 clutch. Driven daily and going strong.
1986 cougar.
lilsammywasapunkrocker@yahoo.com