Skip to main content
Topic: Park & !st! Valve Body? (Read 4613 times) previous topic - next topic

Park & !st! Valve Body?

Reply #45
sounds sort of like the problem I had with my C-5. when I put it in neutral, the car would move slow foward, but would'nt go any faster when I gave it gas. Reverse would engage gradually when I hit the throttle. I had first gear, sometimes second, and third once or twice, but I had to shift it manually. I changed the vaccuum modulator valve and it fixed everything. Cost about $18.00. Hope your problem is just as cheap.

Park & !st! Valve Body?

Reply #46
When I swapped from column to floor shift ( I had the original 5.0 and tranny then),I disconneccted the column shifter and linkage and removed it all.I cut the hole in the floor,installed the shifter and shift cable bracket.THEN,I had to drop the pan and flip the shift lever 180 degrees so I could use the cable.I then installed the cable,adjusted it and all was good.You did flip the lever on the side of the tranny didn't you?Just curious.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Park & !st! Valve Body?

Reply #47
Quote from: vinnietbird;125464
When I swapped from column to floor shift ( I had the original 5.0 and tranny then),I disconneccted the column shifter and linkage and removed it all.I cut the hole in the floor,installed the shifter and shift cable bracket.THEN,I had to drop the pan and flip the shift lever 180 degrees so I could use the cable.I then installed the cable,adjusted it and all was good.You did flip the lever on the side of the tranny didn't you?Just curious.

yes i did i wish it was that easy. not that flipping it was easy but i wish it was just a stupid mistake like that
1986 Cougar LS