Skip to main content
Topic: cobra intake manifold/typhoon (Read 847 times) previous topic - next topic

cobra intake manifold/typhoon

will both cobra and typhoon intake manifolds fit and have enough clearnce for the hood? also the typhoon is just like the edelbrock preformer, so what intake is better, the typhoon or cobra?
1988 LX coupe. a dressed up motor with full exhaust and BBK shorties with flowmasters, BBK CAI, accufab 65mm tb, HO upper intake, cobra valve covers.

Reply #1
Have a cobra intake on mine and there's plenty of clearance.

Reply #2
ok, thank you
1988 LX coupe. a dressed up motor with full exhaust and BBK shorties with flowmasters, BBK CAI, accufab 65mm tb, HO upper intake, cobra valve covers.

Reply #3
the typhoon isnt a real good quality intake, go with the cobra.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
1974 maverick lsx powered turbo car SOLD
1973 maverick Tijuana Taxi Tribute
1957 chevy LSX Turbo project (race car)
Owner of Joe Dirt Fabrication

Reply #4
what do you mean not really good quality? is it the compound it is made out of?

Reply #5
the typhoon is a poor fitting intake (or at least the one i installed for a friend was) had to bend the fuel rail mounts etc to make it fit i would go with the cobra IMO
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
1974 maverick lsx powered turbo car SOLD
1973 maverick Tijuana Taxi Tribute
1957 chevy LSX Turbo project (race car)
Owner of Joe Dirt Fabrication

Reply #6
ok. thank you!